We LOVE our Seniors!
Seniors, we really look forward to continuing to celebrate you this week. I enjoyed celebrating our academic achievements last Thursday night and Graduation is right around the corner! We are so proud of the leadership that you exhibited while at Carrollton High School and are excited about your futures!
- June 1 at 7:30PM • GRADUATION
- Inclement weather date – June 2 at 7:30PM
- July 25 at 7:30 • Prom
Marching Band 2021 Student/Parent Information – Payment and forms due tomorrow
It was brought to my attention that the recording that I last posted was not a complete recording. We ended the recording prematurely because we thought that because of the recording guests without a school system email address were not allowed join the meeting. I apologize for not having a video. The highlights below however are important –
Highlights of the meeting:
- Our First Payment is due tomorrow but we will accept it through the end of the month without a late fee penalty. Additionally, we are still figuring out an audition process for our Colorguard members.
- $100.00 Commitment Fee for Winds and Percussion (secures your drill spot in the show).
- $175.00 Commitment Fee for Colorguard (secures your drill spot in the show and your uniform fee – pending audition – if by chance you pay early but are not offered a spot, you will be refunded the full amount).
- Pay to: Carrollton High School Bands • 201 Trojan Dr. • Carrollton, GA 30117
- Unfortunately we cannot accept checks, but we can accept cash, money order, or you can pay online: https://carrolltonhs.revtrak.net/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=33
Please submit these form tomorrow, Monday, May 18, 2020 • We will be at the school from 8:00AM – 4:00PM if you would like to drop them off or you can submit the online versions.
- Rising 9th Graders Register for Charms • Returning members please update your info
- BEHAVIOR CONTRACT/Commitment and Consent Form — Online Version
- MEDICAL RELEASE FORM — (Online Version)
- TRIP RELEASE FORM — (Online Version)
- STUDENT CONTACT INFORMATION — (Online Version)
- RELEASE, WAIVER, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK FORM — (Online Version)
- SCHOOL OWNED INSTRUMENT CONTRACT (usually submitted when you check out your instrument – can you fill out and take a photo – or fill it out electronically and email it)
- PERSONALLY OWNED INSTRUMENT INFO SHEET
Stay in communication
- Subscribe to our website by entering your e-mail address in the upper right hand corner of this page.
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our Remind text the code below to 81010
- Classof2021 Parents: @6dffefa
- Classof2022 Parents: @89hc3gk
- Classof2023 Parents: @72ab42
- Classof2024 Parents: @ka2kded
- Students A-M: @6gaa92
- Students N-Z: 37ebaca
- Follow us on Instagram
- Access your account via Charmsoffice.com
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Sync our calendar to your phone!
It is important to stay in communication because although we are planning commencing some activities in June, if the situation does not improve then we will make decisions to alter the schedule. Our students’ health and safety will always remain our top priority. Some may think that the excitement to start activities may be to remain competitive, but honestly, it is to fulfill the social needs of our students. Our students thrive when working together and we want to be able to provide that for them as soon as it is safe to reconvene.
More details can be found on our calendar, and following camps subject to change, but we are planning them optimistically:
- Mondays in June – Percussion Camps
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays in June – Color Guard Camps
- Thursdays in June – Winds Rookie Camps (open to all members)
These camps will take place only if it is safe to do so. We have planned them in an effort to be proactive and optimistic. We will continue to follow our district recommendations as well as the CDC guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our children. If it is still advised that we do not hold camps, information will be shared on this website and the channels listed above.
Haven’t seen the show announcement? Watch it here.
Colorguard Auditions – Please spread the word!
We are in the process of recruiting members for our colorguard. Interested students can join using this code: hkr2jp3. We spent a couple weeks spreading the word and we have had great success. There is still a couple days left to join, but an audition video has been posted so that we can assess the first round of cuts if necessary. The video is due by the end of the day on Wednesday, May 20. All interested students need to sign up immediately so that they have time to prepare the audition video.
An instructional video for the 16 count dance is included to help you learn the routine as well as a performance video so that you can see what the dance looks like in its entirety. We recommend that you learn the dance by the counts slowly and then practice speeding it up with counts until you can perform it at tempo. Do you best to pay attention to details and have fun! We know that the situation is not ideal, so we are looking for effort. Feel free to make the video more than once, watch it and assess yourself until you feel comfortable submitting it. Remember when learning skills that a little bit of time each day is better than a lot of time in one day, so break up your practice sessions so that you can perform your best!
Good luck to all of our prospective members!
Trip Update – CHANGES
Friends and fellow band parents,
The booster club executive board and our directors had a call with Mark from Super Holiday Tours about the trip next year. While we believe that life will return to normal and that the 2020-2021 school year will be an awesome year, we realize that right now there is stress and strain coming from several different directions and uncertainties. The last thing we want is for there to be additional, undue stress from planning for or paying for the trip. After speaking with Mark, we are going to hold off on collecting any additional payments for the trip until the start of the next school year (around August, 2020). Any deposits or payments that were made toward the trip are fully accounted for and are allocated specifically for you or your band student. Once we get to August, Mark will have more information regarding airlines, transportation, and sights. At that time, we can either continue with the current trip or investigate alternative plans or changes that may be necessary considering the circumstances. The wellbeing and safety of our band students are our priorities, but a close second is the experiences that our students can have belonging to the long tradition of the CHS Band program. We do plan on taking a trip and hope to include as many of our Trojan Band students as possible! Thank you for patience and understanding at this time.
Shop at Amazon? You Can Help the Boosters
Do you shop on Amazon often? Did you know that you can help the Band Boosters when you shop on Amazon? Go to smile.amazon.com and then select Carrollton Band Booster Club, Inc. for the charitable organization you want to support.
Categories: CHS Band