2020 Winter Guard Debut
Congratulations to our winter guard who premiered their show this past Saturday at Kennesaw Mountain HS. We are very proud of their first performance! The competitions are a little bit different in this activity than in marching band because they perform their show at multiple competitions in the SAPA circuit. The show will continue to evolve and grow artistically and emotionally as choreography may change, staging may be adjusted, props will be added, etc. They compete again this Saturday at East Coweta HS! Go Trojans!
Week at a Glance
- Monday – Guard 4:30PM – 7 PM
- Tuesday –
- Guard 4:30 PM – 9 PM
- Pastapalooza 6 PM (More details below)
- Thursday – Guard – 4:30 PM – 7 PM
- Friday – Guard – 4:30 PM – 7 PM
- Saturday – Winterguard Show Day @ East Coweta H.S.
- Rehearsal 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Lunch/Getting Ready 11:30 AM – 1:45 PM
- Load Buses 2:00 PM
- Depart CHS 2:15 PM
- Arrive at ECHS 3:10 PM
- Trojan Body at 3:45 PM – 4:20 PM
- Warm-Up 4:35 PM – 4:51 PM
- Ready Area 4:53 PM
- PERFORMANCE 5:01 PM
- Depart for CHS 6:15 PM
- We are leaving before awards so that our students can be back in time for the Sadie Hawkins Dance if they choose to attend.
Pastapalooza – Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Dinner starts at 6:00PM and music will start at 6:30PM. Please sign-up to bring either a pasta dish, drinks and/or a dessert (something that does not need to be cut, something like brownies, cupcakes, cookies, etc). This will be a casual evening of fellowship and music-making.
- Wii Theme Song – Sidney Porter, Davion Jones, Jiya Patel, Jeffrey Garcia at 6:30 PM
- Concert Band – 6:32 PM
- Bluesy Groove No. 2 by Valerie Vise
- Symphonic Jazz – 6:45 PM
- See If I Don’t
- Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom
- First Block Jazz Band – 7:00 PM
- 25 or 6 to 4
- Fly Me to the Moon featuring Mattie Steed
Bringing Pasta?! Thank you! • Sign Up Here.
Judges will decide on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place dishes. Please prepare at least enough for two or more families. Dinner costs $10 per person up to a maximum of $30 for your immediate family (mom, dad and siblings). If you want to skip the line, you can pay online by following this link.
Music begins at 6:30 PM if you do not plan on attending dinner.
UWG LGPE Clinic
The University of West Georgia has invited Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble to participate in a LGPE clinic on Wednesday, February 12 at the Carroll County Schools Performing Arts Center. The students will play their LGPE music, receive commentary from UWG Faculty, and rehearse with Dr. Byrd for the remainder of the clinic. Each clinic is roughly an hour and a half. We are looking forward to this outstanding honor!
LGPE Dates and Times • County PAC
- Wind Ensemble • March 19 • 8:40PM
- Symphonic Band • March 19 • 4:10PM
- Concert Band • March 20 • 9:30AM
Spirit Night next week!
Eat at Moe’s on February 4, 2020 from 5PM – 8PM to support your Carrollton Trojan Band.
Shop at Amazon? You Can Help the Boosters
Do you shop on Amazon often? We would appreciate it so much if you used smile.amazon.com and then selected Carrollton Band Booster Club, Inc. for the charitable organization.
Categories: CHS Band