Annual Band BBQ
Tomorrow is the band bbq. Thank you so much for all of your hard work selling tickets and for signing up to participate tomorrow! Remember that we will sell at the counter as well, so it is not too late to let everyone know about our fundraiser. This is our largest fundraiser of the year and is essential to our operating budget as a booster club. Your efforts benefit all of our band students, we appreciate you!
- Still need to volunteer?
- Want to buy more meals/sandwiches online?
Students who would like to assist us during the day should have received a permission slip from Ms. Dothard today. Students can still visit first thing in the morning for a permission slip if they would like to assist tomorrow. All students who are assisting with the BBQ will be working. If they are not working, then we will send them back to class.
- 6:00PM Carrollton Junior High Jazz Band
- 6:20PM Carrollton High School Symphonic Jazz (Report by 6:00PM)
- 6:40PM Carrollton High School 1st Block Jazz (Report by 6:00PM)
- 7:10PM Marching Band Performance (Report by 6:30PM)
Students should wear their black band shorts and black band shirt for their performances tomorrow night. This will work for jazz band and for the marching band performance. Seniors should wear interesting socks for the shoe ceremony at the end of the performance. We will perform all of our students’ favorite stands tunes as well as Battle Hymn for the last time this year as we honor our marching band seniors.
I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
Wind Ensemble with Persidio Brass on Friday
STUDENTS PLEASE ORDER YOUR FOOD NOW! • Lazy Donkey • Order HERE • $8
Friday, May 3 our Wind Ensemble will perform with the nationally acclaimed Persidio Brass. We have been invited to a rehearsal on Friday morning and are included in their performance on Friday evening. Here is the itinerary for our students that day.
- 8:30AM – Depart for the Center for the Arts
- 9:30AM – Rehearsal with Persidio Brass and Bowdon HS Band
- 10:30AM – Masterclass demonstration by the Persidio Brass
- 11:30AM – Depart for lunch at the Lazy Donkey • Order HERE • $8
- 1:00PM – Return to CHS and to class
- 6:30PM – Report to the Center for the Arts (we will not take buses)
- Dinner will be provided by the Center for the Arts at this time – please be early.
- 7:30PM – The performance begins – we perform the last tune on the first half of the concert. Students have a couple of options after their performance:
- Remain backstage and watch the remainder of the concert for free, or
- Purchase a ticket for $5.00 to watch the second half from the auditorium, or
- Be dismissed for the evening (they are welcome to leave after their performance if they need to go. This is why we are not taking a bus.
- My best guess is that we will be finished with our portion by 8:30PM, and the concert will conclude around 9 – 9:15PM ish.
- This is a wonderful opportunity because it allows our students to collaborate with the Bowdon HS band students as well as work closely with the Persidio Brass Ensemble.
- For more info on the Persido Brass Ensemble, check them out here.
Our Spring Concert is on Monday, May 6 at 7:00PM. Please do not arrive until 6:30PM. There is an elementary school kindergarten performance from 5:30PM-6:15PM right before our concert. The end of the year is busy for everyone and we are doing our best to share our wonderful facilities. Students need to be in the MAC at 6:40PM in their concert attire. Concert starts at 7:00PM.
Band Prom will be May 11th in the band room. This is a fun night for the band students to spend time together before the break. There will be a DJ and snacks. Please see the following link to sign up to chaperone and/or bring snacks or drinks.
HAVE YOU TURNED IN YOUR FORMS?
Have you turned in your forms or commitment fee for next year’s marching band yet?