- March 25th is our Spring booster meeting at 6:00 pm in the band room. We will be talking about officers for next year, our Barbecue, and even looking forward to the Fall. We will cover all topics relevant to even seniors and their families first and then move into plans for the Fall to respect our seniors and their parents time. Seniors, you’re welcome to stay after that, but we understand if you are unable to.
- Band Auditions are March 28. More information is below.
- Winter Guard departs for SAPA Championships on Friday, March 29. Will you donate some breakfast items for them?
- Band Barbecue is May 2, 2019. As you know this is one of our biggest fundraisers! Please be prepared to sell 30 tickets or make a donation of $175. Ask your place of work! We are happy to make deliveries to businesses with a minimum order of 10 or more meals!
- The link to volunteer for the band barbecue will be ready this week! Plan to spend time working this event, it is a great day!
- Band Dinner/Awards Night- April 23 at 6:00 pm. This is a great evening for our band and band families! Please mark your calendars so you won’t miss this event! Longhorn will be catering and tickets will go on sale in the next week or so. Tickets will be $13 per person and must be paid before the dinner for planning purposes.
Placement auditions will take place after school on Thursday, March 28 beginning at 4:00PM. Students will be able to sign-up for a time. Auditions are required for all students to participate in the high school band and will determine class and chair placement. Auditions consist of three parts which are explained below: Etude, Scales, and Sight-reading. Please sign up for the audition by clicking here. Be sure to add your name to the appropriate list (tabs at the bottom).
You can find more information about the auditions from the last post or by clicking the “Band Auditions” link above.
Here is some extra information about the SAPA Championships weekend trip from Friday March 29th to Sunday March 31st. If you have any more questions, please email Emma Turner.
The itinerary will be updated on the Charms Calendar as soon as the times are uploaded to the SAPA website. We are still waiting on finalized performance times.
Some details about this upcoming SAPA weekend. We will be staying and rehearsing at RED BANK HIGH SCHOOL 640 Morrison Springs Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37415
Both groups will be leaving for Chattanooga on Friday March 29th and returning home on Sunday March 31st.
We are asking for parents to donate Breakfast items. Please sign up here.
Any items that can be collected for breakfast by parents would help but there will be food available at the stadium for purchase. Students should plan to bring money for three meals; Friday night, Saturday night/afternoon, and Sunday afternoon.
At the school, the JV and Varsity will sleep in separate classrooms because they will have different wake up times depending on who is performing that day. Since the members will be staying in a high school every room will be locked by the band director of Red Bank for security reasons.
- Students will need to bring their own beds such as blow up mattresses or a cot. They should also bring blankets and pillows.
- Showers will be provided in the gym locker rooms so any necessities for that such as toiletries, towels, flipflops, and any other hygiene items should be packed.
- The Varsity will share one room and the JV will share another, so they do not disturb each other on their respective show days. Each room has more than enough space for every student to fit comfortably.
- We have four classrooms total, all beside one another, one for the Varsity, one for the JV, one for staff, and one for any chaperone that does not want to pay for a hotel room.
- On their respective performance mornings, that group will wake up earlier to eat breakfast and rehearse however each non-performing team will be expected to report to the rehearsal gym thirty minutes before the end of rehearsal to watch the run and help load.
- The girls will be staying in the same facility they rehearse at before the show.
- The Varsity performs on Saturday March 30th and will wake up earlier to rehearse that day and will be able to get ready for the show there as well.
- The JV performs on Sunday March 31st and will wake up and rehearse that day and will also be able to get ready in the facility.
- All members are expected to bring their usual show attire, three days worth of clothes, and any other items they need for their performance.
The building we will be staying in is not very big and the area the students will be is restricted access. We will be escorted where to go once we arrive Friday night.
PERFORMANCE: MCKENZIE ARENA Chattanooga, TN: 720 East 4th Street Chattanooga, TN 37403
Parking at the Arena is free
Any chaperone will be able to receive an arm band for admittance.
Any spectator will be expected to pay $20.00 to be admitted for both days
ALL PERFORMERS, JV AND VARSITY, WILL BE EXPECTED TO REMAIN FOR BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY — NO EXCEPTIONS
All itinerary for both Saturday and Sunday will be posted ASAP.
Students interested in applying and auditioning for leadership positions in next year’s Trojan Marching Band should join this Google Classroom: nbz13p We will begin our work online this week. Please check that you have signed up if you plan to participate.
Tri-M Music Honor’s Society
You can read more about the organization in the last e-mail. We will have our first Band Tri-M meeting on Monday, March 18, 2019, in the band room at 3:45 PM.