Happy Sunday! I hope you are enjoying the sunshine! A few updates for the weeks ahead!
Our Winter Guard represented us well at the WGI Power Regional in Rock Hill, SC this past weekend. Their show continues to improve weekly as they continue to add transitions, choreography, and clean. I am proud of the class that they carried themselves with all weekend!
It’ll be here before you know it:
- March 25th is our Spring booster meeting at 6:00 pm in the band room. We will be talking about officers for next year, our Barbecue, and even looking forward to the Fall. We will cover all topics relevant to even seniors and their families first and then move into plans for the Fall to respect our seniors and their parents time. Seniors, you’re welcome to stay after that, but we understand if you are unable to.
- Band Auditions are March 28. More information is below.
- Band Barbecue is May 2, 2019. As you know this is one of our biggest fundraisers! Please be prepared to sell 30 tickets or make a donation of $175. Ask your place of work! We are happy to make deliveries to businesses with a minimum order of 10 or more meals!
- The link to volunteer for the band barbecue will be ready this week! Plan to spend time working this event, it is a great day!
- Band Dinner/Awards Night- April 23 at 6:00 pm. This is a great evening for our band and band families! Please mark your calendars so you won’t miss this event! Longhorn will be catering and tickets will go on sale in the next week or so. Tickets will be $13 per person and must be paid before the dinner for planning purposes.
Placement auditions will take place after school on Thursday, March 28 beginning at 4:00PM. Students will be able to sign-up for a time. Auditions are required for all students to participate in the high school band and will determine class and chair placement. Auditions consist of three parts which are explained below: Etude, Scales, and Sight-reading. Please sign up for the audition by clicking here. Be sure to add your name to the appropriate list (tabs at the bottom).
You can find more information about the auditions from the last post or by clicking the “Band Auditions” link above.
Students interested in applying and auditioning for leadership positions in next year’s Trojan Marching Band should join this Google Classroom: nbz13p We will begin our work online this week. Please check that you have signed up if you plan to participate.
Tri-M Music Honor’s Society
You can read more about the organization in the last e-mail. We will have our first Band Tri-M meeting on Monday, March 18, 2019, in the band room at 3:45 PM.