This Week at a Glance:
- Monday: JV Winter Guard: 4:00 – 8:00PM
- Tuesday: Varsity Winterguard: 4:00 – 9:00M
- Wednesday: JV Winterguard: 4:00 – 8:00PM
- Thursday: All-State (students and parents travel together) • More Information
- Varsity Winterguard: 4:00 – 9:00PM
- Saturday: Varsity Winterguard at McEachern HS
- Itinerary TBA
Thank you to Mr. Jindrich and the Temple High School Band for their invitation to allow us to perform at the Carroll County School Performing Arts Center. The venue is beautiful and it allowed us the opportunity to have a dry run of our music in the atmosphere that we will perform in for evaluation in a couple of weeks.
All 3 bands performed well last Thursday evening and received great feedback from our adjudicators. Comments were shared in class and via Google Classroom so that we can continue to prepare for Large Group Performance Evaluations (Festival).
Festival will be hosted at the Carroll County PAC on March 11-12, 2019. Admission is free and open to the public. I hope that you will mark your calendars and plan on supporting our band students!
March 11, 2019, at 4:30pm • Symphonic Band
- Galactic Fanfare by Randall Stanbridge
- Shenandoah by Frank Ticheli
- Khan by Julie Giroux
March 11, 2019, at 7:40pm • Wind Ensemble
- El Capitan by John Philip Sousa ed. Loras Schissel and Keith Brion
- October by Eric Whitacre
- Angels in the Architecture by Frank Ticheli
March 12, 2019, at 9:30am • Concert Band
- Coast Guards March by Karl King arr. James Swearingen
- Rhythm Stand by Jennifer Higdon
- Moscow, 1941 by Brian Balmages
All-State Band is this weekend
Please congratulate the following students for making All-State: Andrew Stagliano, principal baritone saxophone; Kelley Ozier, euphonium; and Taylor Berry, trombone (alternate). They practiced extensively to earn this honor and I look forward to their performance next weekend in Athens, GA at the Classic Center.
Parents will travel with their child to Athens for this event. If you need more information, please contact Mr. Carr.
Cheers to a great week!
Categories: CHS Band