MLK Day Parade
We are not wearing shakos tomorrow. Students should wear school colored beanies (black, gold, or white). Also, please wear multiple layers as it is predicted to be very cold in the morning.
I hope that everyone received the Remind last week the parade times – I had them wrong.
Correct MLK Parade Itinerary
- 9:30AM Load and get into Uniforms
- 10:00AM Depart for parade staging
- 11:00AM Parade step-off
- About 12:00PM Finish and unload at the band room
This Week at a glance:
- Monday: No School
- Parade – Itinerary above
- JV Winterguard 4:00PM – 8:00PM
- Tuesday: Wind Ensemble 3:30PM – 6:00PM
- Varsity Winterguard 4:00PM – 9:00PM
- Wednesday: Pep Band Performance at Wrestling’s Senior Night 5:00PM-6:30PM
- JV Winterguard 4:00PM – 8:00PM
- Thursday: Varsity Winterguard 4:00PM – 9:00PM
- Saturday: Winterguard performance at Kennesaw Mountain HS – TBA
Pep Band Performance for our Wrestling Team
Coach Cleek has asked that we participate in their Senior Night ceremonies this year. This is a voluntary performance on Wednesday night. Students should wear blue jeans and their show shirt. The performance will take place in the gym, but it will be a cold walk over. Be sure to wear your black band jacket as well to stay warm.
- 5:00PM Report to the Band Room
- 5:15PM Leave for the gym
- 5:30PM Perform as part of senior night
- 6:30PM Finish up
Scholarship Opportunity: The Kiwanis Showcase
The Kiwanis Showcase is approaching. Download the application and more information. The showcase is a talent show for instrumentalist and vocalist in the West Ga area. First place wins a $500 scholarship. Students can perform as a chamber ensemble, or as soloists. Applications are due by February 1 and students must commit to performing on February 10 at the local showcase hosted by Center for the Arts and be prepared to perform at the state level on April 27, 2019 in Leesburg, GA if they are chosen as the winner. I would love to see our students take advantage of this wonderful opportunity!
Troy Send – Off Concert
The Wind Ensemble is performing their Troy concert on Tuesday, January 29. 2019 in the Mabry Arts Center at 7:00PM. This is a required concert for all of our band students. Students who are not performing at expected to attend the concert for credit.
Please download the following flyer to help spread the word. It would be great if you would share this on your social media accounts, at any civic gatherings that you may attend (church, civic organizations, etc.), and just by word of mouth. This is a milestone achievement for our Trojan Band and we appreciate your help in celebrating our students’ hard work and successes.
Trip to Troy • January 31, 2019
Our wind ensemble is traveling to Troy, AL on Thursday, January 31, 2019. We are collecting money for breakfast and lunch. Please bring $15.00 in before we leave for the trip. $15 will pay for a Chick-fil-a breakfast and pizza buffet for lunch.
- This is the preliminary itinerary, times may change once I receive more information from Troy
- 6:00AM Report to CHS and Load
- 7:00AM Depart for Troy
- 9:00AM Arrive in Troy, AL for breakfast at Chick-fil-a
- 10:00AM Sound Check (still waiting on this time from Troy)
- 12:00PM In Concert Attire
- 1:00PM Concert Warm-Up
- 2:00PM Performance
- 3:00PM Change out of concert attire
- 3:30PM Lunch at pizza buffet
- 4:30PM Depart for CHS
- 9:00PM Arrive back at CHS approx. (check Remind for up to date ETAs)
Categories: CHS Band