I hope that everyone had a terrific Christmas yesterday and is enjoying some much needed time with family. Times like this allow us to reflect on the many blessings in our life. Thank you for being a blessing to our band program.
I published the list of students who signed up for the Chick-fil-a Bowl on Google Classroom today. I didn’t want to publish it publicly. Your child should be able to access this – if not then please send me an e-mail at email@example.com and I send you the list.
It is important that this list is accurate. I had to order these tickets back in November, which is why the deadline was so early. If your child made the commitment, they need to honor it because we are counting on them. If they did not make the commitment at that time, I unfortunately am unable to get them a ticket at this point. Emergencies however do happen, so if your child is interested, please send me an e-mail and I will put them on a waiting list. I would like to use 100% of the tickets that have been purchased for us.
Chick-fil-A Bowl Details
CFA Bowl Itinerary:
- Color Guard Only Rehearsal – 12/30/2017
- 7:45AM Report to CHS
- 8:00AM Depart CHS for rehearsal
- 9:00AM Arrive at the Renaissance Concourse Hotel
- Renaissance Concourse Hotel
- Airport Hotel, 1 Hartsfield Center Pkwy
- Atlanta, GA 30354
- 9:20AM – 11:00AM Rehearsal
- 11:00AM Depart for Lunch (*bring money for lunch ~$10)
- 2:00PM Arrive back at CHS
- Mass Band Rehearsal – 12/31/2017: Students should have the Star Spangled Banner (in Ab Major), Bruno Mars Medley, and Treasure memorized for this rehearsal. Students should bring a copy of their music for reference just in case.
- 6:15AM Report to CHS
- 6:45AM Depart for the massed band rehearsal at Woodward Academy This will be outside and may be very cold. Dress in warm layers.
- 8:00AM – 9:00AM Color Guard Rehearsal
- 9:30AM – 1:30PM Full Band Rehearsal
- 2:00PM bring money for lunch: about $10.00
- 3:00PM Depart for CHS
- 4:00PM Arrive back at CHS
- Chick-fil-a Bowl Parade – 1/1/2018
- 5:30am Load Instruments
- 6:15am in Uniform – wear layers it’ll be COLD.
- 6:30am Depart for Parade Route
- 7:30am Parade Staging
- 8:30am Step Off for the Parade
- Chick-fil-a Bowl Fanfest – 1/1/2018
- Immediately following parade
- Lunch – students around $10.00 for lunch while at Fanfest
- We will report to the game from Fanfest around 12:00pm
- Chick-fil-a Bowl Pregame – 1/1/2018
- Students report to their performance staging locations
- 12:30pm Pregame performance
- 1:00pm Game Begins
- Students will have access to concessions if you wish to send extra money
- 4:30pm Game Ends
- 6:00pm Arrive Back at CHS
Categories: CHS Band