I hope that everyone had a great long weekend! Our Winter Guard had a terrific showing this weekend in SAPA competition at Ola HS. Our JV team improved by 20 points and finished 3rd in their class and our Varsity finished 2nd! Our teams are working very hard representing our program with class!
This week our concert bands travel on Thursday to Rome High School for Large Group Performance Evaluations (Festival). The concerts are open to the public and free. If you are able to be in the audience we would appreciate your support! On Friday we have our student meeting about the trip to NYC! This is a mandatory meeting for all traveling students – we look forward to seeing everyone on Friday.
LGPE – Thursday, March 16, 2017 at Rome HS
- Concert Band and Symphonic Band
- Concert band report to school in uniform, bring a change of clothes – Symphonic band should bring their uniform with them to change.
- 7:00AM Report as stated above
- 7:30AM Depart for Rome HS
- 9:00AM Arrive – Symphonic Band students watch other bands
- 9:40AM Concert Band Warm-Up
- 10:10AM Concert Band Performance and Sight-reading
- 11:10AM Concert Band and Symphonic Band Depart for lunch at Cici’s Pizza (Students need money for lunch – $5.79 plus drink and tax – about $8.50) Concert Band students change before lunch
- 12:30 PM return to RHS – Symphonic Band students dress for performance and Concert Band students watch other bands
- 1:30 PM Symphonic Band Warm-Up
- 2:00PM Symphonic Band Performance and Sight-reading
- 3:00PM Depart for CHS
- 4:30PM Arrive back at CHS students need to be picked up quickly
- Wind Ensemble
- Bring your concert attire with you to school – you may store this in the band room.
- After school eat a snack to hold you over until we can eat dinner after our performance – change into your uniform before 4:00PM and wait for our arrival. I have estimated 4:30, but if we are running early then you need to be ready to load as soon as the buses get back.
- 4:00PM be in full uniform ready to depart CHS
- 4:30PM depart for Rome HS
- 6:00PM arrive at Rome HS
- 6:40PM Warm-Up
- 7:20PM Performance and Sight-reading
- 8:20PM Depart for Dinner at Cici’s Pizza in Rome (Students need money for dinner – $5.79 plus drink and tax – about $8.50)
- 9:30PM Depart for Carrollton HS
- 11:00PM return to CHS
Friday – Trip meeting for all traveling students. Starts at 6:00PM and should last about an hour. Reimbursement checks for overpayment will be available at this meeting as well.
It is going to be a great week! GO TROJANS!!!