Joe Mason, the massed band organizer of the Chick-fil-a Bowl, extended an invitation to Mr. Carr for our band students to participate in this year’s bowl game. According to Mr. Mason another band from out of state had unfortunate circumstances and is not able to attend the game, so in search of a replacement he reached out to our band program because he has heard great things about our students. With the blessing of Dr. Albertus and the executive board of the boosters, Mr. Carr accepted the invitation after double checking with students that we would have enough participants to have a great showing. Although this is not a required event we do need as many students to participate as possible to allow for us to represent our band program professionally. Currently, about 90% of students have mentioned to Mr. Carr that they would participate. It is going to be a great experience for all of our students and allow them the opportunity to perform a parade through downtown Atlanta and perform in front of a sold out Georgia Dome crowd.
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
This is the day of the Mass Band Rehearsal. Students should wear blue jeans and black band shirts.
- 5:30am band room open
- 6:00am report time – stage instruments in garage as soon as you arrive.
- 6:30am depart from CHS for the GA Dome
- 7:30am arrive at the GA Dome
- 8:00am mass band rehearsal
- 12:00pm rehearsal ends – students travel to the Varsity for Lunch (students need money)
- 1:30pm depart for CHS
- 2:30pm arrive back at CHS
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Students will be wearing their uniforms.
- 5:15am band room open
- 5:30am report time
- 6:00am depart for parade line-up in Atlanta
- 7:00am parade report
- 9:00am parade step-off
- following the parade the students will enter “Fanfest” – Students may want to purchase food as an early lunch? Could be slightly cheaper than eating at the game?
- 12:00pm stage for pre-game
- 12:30pm Kick-Off
- students will be able to visit concessions for lunch
- Approx. 4:30pm game ends
- Approx. 6:00pm return to CHS
Music for the bowl game can be downloaded from Charms. Also, all students who are participating need to return the participation waiver by Tuesday, December 16. You can download it from Charms as well.
Categories: CHS Band