After a wildly successful week at pre-band camp, we are all anticipating another great week ahead as we move into our regular band camp. There are several things we wanted to remind everyone of to help ensure a successful week and official start to the 2014-2015 school year.
- (All week) Band Camp: (Required for all members): July 28 – August 1, 2014 • 8:00AM – 8:00PM • Lunch from 11:30AM – 1:00PM • Dinner from 4:00PM – 5:30PM
We will be joined by extra staff members this week so that students have an opportunity to learn from specialists on their instruments.
- (All week) Band Staff Meals: If you signed up for providing items for the band staff meals during this week of band camp, please make sure to have your items at the band room at least 30 minutes prior to the meal you signed up for. There are still items needed if you can help fill in the gaps. To see what is left and sign up, please visit: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C054AADAF2AABFD0-band/2158312
- (All week) Band Camp Concession Stand: The concession stand will be available this coming week for both lunch and dinner. This week’s main menu items are as follows:
- Mon: Lunch—hamburgers; Dinner—walking tacos
- Tues: Lunch—hot dogs; Dinner—meatball sandwich
- Wed: Lunch–Papa Johns pizza; Dinner— Chick-Fil-A
- Thurs: Lunch—BBQ; Dinner—hot ham & cheese sandwich
- Friday: A little of this and a little if that….which means whatever we have leftover
***Also coming to concessions this week…..NACHOS!!!!!!!
- (All week) Water Donations: The Band Boosters and staff are asking that all students bring (4) cases of bottled water to band camp to help offset the cost of providing bottled water throughout band camp and the regular marching season. If you have not brought your donation of water, please try to do so this week.
- (Monday) Final Band Fee Payment Date: If you are utilizing the 3 payment installment plan, the final Band Fee payment date is Monday, July 28th. Band fees can be paid directly to Mrs. Dothard, at the CHS Band Room by cash or check (make checks payable to Carrollton High School Band). New this year… you can pay the base fees via the school’s online payment system which is located on the high school’s homepage, in the upper right corner. http://chs.carrolltoncityschools.net/ Once you click on the “Online Payments” button it will take you to a new screen where you will see a “Band Fees” icon. Simply click on the Band Fees icon and follow the directions. IMPORTANT NOTE: Only marching band fees can be paid via this particular online system. PLEASE do not attempt to pay your Disney Trip payments through the school’s online system
- If you are unable to pay your Band Fees in full by this date, there is an opportunity to make monthly or even weekly payments if you need to do so. To establish an extended payment agreement, you will need to complete the Carrollton High School Trojan Marching Band Payment Agreement Form. This form is also available in the back of the 2014-2015 CHS Band Handbook. Provide this completed form to Mrs. Dothard as soon as possible.
- (Tuesday) CHS Trojan Business Day: Tuesday, July 29th, 2014. Students are assigned various times that are to report to the high school cafeteria to take care of varies items in preparation for the start of school on Aug. 11th. Students are asked to handle their business as expeditiously as possible so that the disruption to band camp activities are minimized.
- (Friday) Trojan Night: August 1, 2014 • 6:00PM
Trojan Night is a preview performance of the marching show and a way for the students to show what they have learned during the band camps. This is a beginning of the season family celebration, which includes great entertainment and a good meal. All parents and guardians, please make every effort to attend this great preview.
- (Next week) 2014-2015 Band Forms Due: Tuesday, August 5, 2014. If you have not completed and turned in your 2014-2015 Band Forms located in the 2014 – 2015 CHS Band Handbook, please do so and turn in by Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
If you have any specific questions about any of these items, you can contact Mr. Carr at: firstname.lastname@example.org, the Band Office at 770-834-0550 or the Band Boosters at: email@example.com.
Get ready for another great week ahead!
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters
Categories: CHS Band