Reminder, no classes this week. We hope that everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving with their families this week. The win versus Marietta last week advanced our Trojans to the 3rd round of the GHSA 7A Football Playoffs. And! Walton upset Buford, so we have the opportunity to host them. It is going to be a great game! Let’s GO TROJANS!!!
Friday’s Itinerary • Home vs. Walton
- 6:30pm Uniform Check • Same uniform as last week, it will be another cold game
- 6:45pm Performance in the AMP
- 7:15pm Pre-Game
- 7:30pm Kick-Off
- 10:30pm Approx. Game Ends
THANK YOU ALL IN ONE VOLUNTEERS
Many parents took time away from work on Friday and got up early on Saturday to work our All In One Pick Up. We want you to know that we recognize the sacrifices that you make and the love that you provide our kids. Thank you so much for volunteering in support of our band program!
District Honor Jazz Band
On Tuesday we had 4 students who performed in the District Honor Jazz Band in Ringgold, GA! Please congratulate Connor Haley, Nathan Stagliano, Madison Pate, and Justin Arnold. They represented our school very well and performed an OUTSTANDING concert with only 3 rehearsals. It was very impressive to see them perform at such a high level and each of them had improvisation solos!!!
Did you miss the trip meeting?
Visit the link at the top of the page or click here for more information. We are still accepting sign-ups. First deposit is due by November 25, 2022 to join the trip.
We are sponsoring 2 families for Christmas this year. This is a great opportunity to give back this holiday season. All volunteers are greatly appreciated but please do not feel pressured to participate. Participation is completely optional.
The families that we were assigned have a total of 7 children. The 1st family has 4 children (13F, 10M, 7F, 4M) and the 2nd family has 3 children (6M, 4F, 2F). Please list your name beside the gift that you will purchase. You can access the spreadsheet by clicking the photo above or by using this link.
Once you purchase the gift please label it with the child’s letter or number and bring it to the band room, unwrapped by December 3, 2022- the day of the parade and Christmas Party.
Christmas Parade & Christmas Party
We will march in the Carrollton Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 3 at 5:30PM.
- 4:00PM Report in Uniform
- 4:15PM Depart for Downtown Carrollton
- 4:30PM Stage/Warm-up for the parade
- 5:30PM Step-off
- 6:30PM Load up and return to the band room
We will perform a Christmas concert alongside our Chorus classes on Thursday, December 8. In preparation of the concert we have a dress rehearsal on Wednesday, December 7 from 3:30PM – 6:00PM in the MAC.
Amazon • 2 Ways to Help • Snacks Needed
THANK YOU so much to our parents and friends who have ordered items from our Amazon Wishlist! Your generosity makes a difference and we are very appreciative. THANK YOU!!!!
Mark Your Calendars
The following events we need all hands on deck and are requesting your involvement.
This is not an exhaustive list. Refer to our calendar online for the most up to date information regarding events and times.
- 21 – 25 • Thanksgiving Break – No School
- 25 • 3rd Round Playoffs • Volunteer Here
- 2 • 4th Round Playoffs • Volunteer Here
- 3 • Carrollton Christmas Parade • Volunteer Here
- 2nd Round All-State Jazz Auditions • Lakeview-Ft. Oglethorpe
- Band Christmas Party 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- 7 • Full Band Dress Rehearsal with Chorus 3:30pm – 6:00pm • MAC
- 8 • Holiday Concert • 7:00pm • MAC
- 10 • District Honor Band Auditions • East Paulding High School
- Class 7A Football Championship Game • 7:00pm • Georgia State University Center Parc Stadium • Volunteer Here
- 16 • Final day before the break
- 3 • Students return to school
- 12 – 13 • Final Exams
- 16 • MLK Parade • No School
- 17 • Start of 2nd Semester
Categories: CHS Band