I thought this posted yesterday!!! Publishing it now. We have a few upcoming events that I forgot to mention in Sunday’s update and I wanted to be sure that everyone knew what was coming up.
Winter Guard Auditions
Open auditions to learn more about the Winter Guard. Wear athletic/dance clothing and bring your best attitude. Please fill out this form before attending: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeJbXtzxfQ9nye0U7L1-gGLfiVvEAiG76zt32MzE8QP3n1Ajw/viewform
Email any questions to Mr. Pierre Brown, Director of Colorguard • firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Trip Meeting • Thursday, November 10 • 7:00PM
We will have a virtual trip meeting on Thursday evening. We will cover trip costs, trip inclusions, and how to sign-up for the trip.
2023 NYC Trip Meeting
Thursday, November 10 · 7:00 – 8:00pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/btd-dfsm-rvn
Or dial: (US) +1 267-755-9535 PIN: 698 644 672#
Trojan Band Night at AGW! • Tonight! 6pm-9pm
Come eat some ice cream to support your Trojan Band program!!
Here is Sunday’s post in case you missed it —-
Week at a Glance
- Monday: No Practice
- Tuesday: No Practice
- Thursday: No Practice
- Friday: Teacher Workday, No Game • Enjoy your day off!
- AGW Spirit Night • Enjoy some ice cream with your family and support our band!
1st Round Playoff • November 12 • Home
With winning the region we have secured home field advantage for the playoff games until the 3rd round when a coin flip might be needed to determine where the game is played. Due to a shortage of referee’s all 7A 1st Round play off games will take place on Saturday. We learned of this last week and an email was sent via Charms. If you did not receive an email, please visit Charms and update your contact information. Below is more information concerning Charms from our website: www.chstrojanband.com/charms
What is Charms?
Charms is a Student Management System that the Carrollton High School Band Staff utilizes to maintain information about the band and its students. This robust system allows the band staff to easily track things like instrument and uniform assignments, submission of required forms and much more. For parents and students it allows you to update contact information, access secured practice materials, review trip accounts and so much more.
We encourage you to spend some time and explore and get familiar with this valuable resource.
How to Access Charms:
There are several ways for you to access the Charms system:
- Log in directly by clicking on the “Charms Login” sub-link found under the “Charms” area of our website menu/navigation bar or click here: CHS Trojan Band Charms Login
- Log on via the charmsoffice.com website and hovering over the “ENTER/LOGIN” link at the upper right and click the “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS” option
- On the next screen enter the School Code: CHSTrojanBand and then click on the “”Enter Charms” button.
- This will bring up the main parent page, which will allow you to look at a copy of our calendar for your, email the staff, handouts and other files.
- If you enter your child’s School ID Number (same as lunch account number etc.) in the Student Area Password area, another more detailed screen will open with even more options to view your student’s uniform assignments, music assignments, trip records, forms, inventory, etc.. Once you have first entered this ID number, you may create your own, unique password by clicking on the “keyhole” (Change Password). From this area, you can also make changes to your child’s student information page (such as updating phone numbers and email addresses if they change.
If you have any issues or questions about the Charms system, please don’t hesitate to contact Mr. Carr at email@example.com
Veterans’ Day Concert • November 14
Help Us Honor Our Veterans
We would like to honor family members and friends of the Carrollton Trojan Band with the creation of a slide show to be presented at our Veteran’s Day Concert on November 14, 2022. The concert is FREE and open to the public. We would be honored by your presence if you are able to attend. Please help us to spread the word!
We are sponsoring 2 families for Christmas this year. This is a great opportunity to give back this holiday season. All volunteers are greatly appreciated but please do not feel pressured to participate. Participation is completely optional.
The families that we were assigned have a total of 7 children. The 1st family has 4 children (13F, 10M, 7F, 4M) and the 2nd family has 3 children (6M, 4F, 2F). Please list your name beside the gift that you will purchase.
Once you purchase the gift please label it with the child’s letter or number and bring it to the band room, unwrapped by December 3, 2022- the day of the parade and Christmas Party.
All In One Sale Pick Up
Please remind everyone who ordered from you that pick up for the All in One Sale is November 18 or 19 at Tabernacle Baptist Church. We will need volunteers to assist these days. Volunteer Here • 9:00AM – 5:00PM on November 18 and 9:00AM – 12:00PM on November 19.
Amazon • 2 Ways to Help • Snacks Needed
THANK YOU so much to our parents and friends who have ordered items from our Amazon Wishlist! Your generosity makes a difference and we are very appreciative. THANK YOU!!!!
Mark Your Calendars
The following events we need all hands on deck and are requesting your involvement.
This is not an exhaustive list. Refer to our calendar online for the most up to date information regarding events and times.
- 4 • No School • No Game • AGW Spirit Night • TBA
- 8 • Full Band 3:45pm – 5:00pm
- 10 • Full Band 3:45pm – 5:00pm
- 11 • First Round Playoffs • HOME • Volunteer Here
- 14 • Veteran’s Day Concert • 7:00pm
- 17 • Band Auditions
- 18 • 2nd Round Playoffs • Volunteer Here
- 21 – 25 • Thanksgiving Break – No School
- 25 • 3rd Round Playoffs • Volunteer Here
- 2 • 4th Round Playoffs • Volunteer Here
- 3 • Carrollton Christmas Parade • Volunteer Here
- 2nd Round All-State Jazz Auditions • Lakeview-Ft. Oglethorpe
- 7 • Full Band Dress Rehearsal with Chorus 3:30pm – 6:00pm • MAC
- 8 • Holiday Concert • 7:00pm • MAC
- 10 • District Honor Band Auditions • East Paulding High School
- Class 7A Football Championship Game • 7:00pm • Georgia State University Center Parc Stadium • Volunteer Here
- 16 • Final day before the break
- 3 • Students return to school
- 12 – 13 • Final Exams
- 16 • MLK Parade • No School
- 17 • Start of 2nd Semester
Categories: CHS Band