We hope that all of our families have had a great spring break! We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at school. Hold on tight, we still have a lot going on before the end of the school year! Let’s continue to make the best possible memories with our seniors before graduation!
Week at a Glance:
- Monday • Drumline Auditions • 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Tuesday • Drumline Auditions • 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Colorguard Training Camp • 3:45pm – 7:00pm
- Wednesday • Drumline Auditions • 3:45pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday • Band Auditions • Sign-Up Here
- Colorguard Training Camp • 3:45pm – 7:00pm
- Friday • Percussion Ensemble • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Saturday • Jazz Band Performances at UWG Sunbelt Jazz Festival • 2:00PM • Itinerary Below
Band BBQ • Thank you for Sharing!
PACKET TURN IN NIGHT
Friday, April 29 from 3:00 pm until 5:00pm (immediately after school) in the Band Room. All money, checks, and any unsold tickets should be returned at that time.
Please plan to join us to help on Thursday, May 5, BBQ Day! Help is needed from 7:30am for set-up, until final clean-up around 8:00 pm. There is a place and time for you to help! We need you! Click here to sign up to volunteer as soon as you can – we will be starting planning meetings very soon. It’s work, but it is a great day filled with fellowship, and lots of fun with each other and the students.
An alternative to selling tickets would be a monetary donation towards the program’s continued success. If you do choose not to sell and make a donation instead, please return your packets so that we can make your tickets available for others who wish to sell more. It takes the contributions of each one of us to support and maintain any successful band program and especially the Legacy of the CHS Trojan Band. Each family, putting forth their best effort, allows each student in our band program to be successful. As you know, our band fees are less than most schools, this is because of the strong fundraising efforts of the Band Boosters and our students.
Band Auditions • April 14, 2022
Students will audition for band class placements after school this week on Thursday, April 14. Students should sign up for a time before Thursday. Times highlighted in Blue are reserved for our JrHS students who are also auditioning for high school band on Thursday. We would appreciate any students who are available to welcome, greet, and show our 8th graders around on Thursday to be early for their audition times. 8th graders will begin arriving around 3:45pm.
Access the etudes here: students should be practicing scales and sight-reading. Sightreadingfactory.com is a great resource to practice this important skill. More information about how auditions are scored or more general info on auditions can be found at www.chstrojanband.com/bandauditions
Sun Belt Jazz Festival at UWG
Our jazz bands will perform this Saturday as the opening bands for UWG’s Sun Belt Jazz Festival. Admission and parking are free and concessions will be available at the event. It will be a great afternoon/evening of music for the entire family. Bring lawn chairs as the event will take place on the campus lawn known as “Love Valley,” see map below.
The festival is headlined by the Joe Gransden Big Band, a mainstay of the Atlanta jazz scene. Other acts include the Sofia Goodman Group (a jazz fusion band out of Nashville), the University of West Georgia Jazz Ensemble, and Carrollton High School Jazz Bands. Parking and admission are free, and concessions are available for purchase. Go to facebook.com/groups/uwgjazz for more information
CHS Jazz Bands Itinerary for Saturday –
- 12:00PM Meet at CHS Band room for instruments and Warm-up
- 12:30PM Load Equipment
- 12:45PM Depart for UWG
- 1:15PM Sound Check
- 2:00PM CB Jazz Performance (Our block is from 2:00 – 2:50 performance times for each ensemble is approximate)
- 2:10PM Symphonic Jazz Orchestra Performance
- 2:20PM 1st Block Jazz Band Performance
- 2:50PM Our set is finished – we will load and depart back for CHS
- 3:30PM ETA back at CHS
Jazz Performance Evaluations
Jazz Performance Evaluations will be at Cartersville HS on April 19. A more detailed itinerary will be released later this week, but we will need help feeding the students, and could use some help pulling the trailer if you are available to assist that day.
These concerts are FREE and open to the public. We’d love it if you came out to support us!
- April 19, 2022
- 1st Block Jazz Band performs at 12:00PM
- CB Jazz performs at 1:15pm
- Symphonic Jazz Orchestra performs at 2:15pm
Trojan Guard Training Camp • Vets Only
Any returning vet who plans on auditioning for the 2022-2023 Season, please join us this Tuesday and Thursday from 3:45pm – 7:00pm.
2022-2023 Trojan Guard Auditions
April 18th-20th, 3:45PM- 7:00PM
- Attire (Black t-shirt, black athletic shorts, and running shoes)
- Google Form Signup Link: forms.gle/DdrTW4WECMvPPR1CA
This is a great opportunity for students who enjoy dancing and choreography to join our team! If you know of someone who has a great attitude and wants to get involved please let them know about this opportunity. Interested students should attend all 3 dates and wear athletic clothing and shoes.
Drumline auditions will take place this week ONLY in the band room. Students are encouraged to try out on the instrument that they desire, no matter their skill level. Tennis shoes and athletic attire is required of ALL students.
- April 11 – 12: 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- April 13 3:45pm – 5:30pm
- April 14 – students will participate in “Band Auditions” for class placement
Band Banquet • Monday, April 25 • CHS Cafeteria
The Band Banquet is quickly approaching. This year we will have the awards ceremony in the cafeteria. We are in need of volunteers to help us set-up and we also ask for volunteers to bring desserts. Please sign-up to volunteer here.
Northwest Georgia Percussion Ensemble Festival – Update!
April 30th is vastly approaching and will be here before we know it! Please note that rehearsal times have been extended to 6:00pm and because of band auditions and Honor’s Night, the rehearsal day has changed to Friday. Students are encouraged to attend all rehearsals leading up to the performance.
The host school has partnered with Jersey Mike’s for lunch. Each student will need to fill out the lunch form here and turn their money into Ms. Dothard as soon as possible. Dinner will be provided and distributed as we depart the school, heading back to CHS. For a tentative schedule, please see here.
Senior Spotlight – Need your help
We would like to continue our Senior Spotlights tradition that was started last year. Seniors or senior parents, click here to fill out this form to allow us to customize your senior spotlight. Filling out the form allows us to celebrate our senior’s future plans and share photos of them from throughout their school careers.
Just a reminder that Graduation this year is on May 20, 2022 although our last day of school is not until May 25. This is an important evening for all of our band students because not only do we get to celebrate with our graduating seniors, but we perform as part of the ceremony. This is a required performance for all wind and percussion students. An itinerary will be posted as we get closer to graduation, but I wanted to make sure that you understood that this is an evening commitment for our band students.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Please refer to http://www.chstrojanband.com/calendar for a full list of upcoming events/activities:
- 4.11, 12, 13 Drum Line Auditions
- 4.12, 14, 15 Colorguard Training Camp
- 4.16 Sunbelt Jazz Festival at UWG
- 4.18, 19, 20 Colorguard Auditions
- 4.19 Jazz Performance Evaluations at Carterville HS
- 4.19 Wind Ensemble after school Rehearsal with Julie Giroux
- 4.21 Honors Night
- 4.23 Prom
- 4.25 Band Banquet
- 4.28 2022 Marching Band Meeting
- 4.30 North West Ga Percussion Ensemble Festival
- 5.5 Band BBQ
- 5.17 Spring Concert
- 5.20 Graduation • Band Performs
- 5.24 Exams – early release
- 5.25 Exams – early release • Last day of School
- 6.3 CHS Scramble Band Golf Tournament
- 6. 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23 Guard Summer Practices
- 6. 9, 16, 23, 30 Percussion Summer Practices
- 6.27 Annual Guard BBQ
- 7.1 4th of July Parade Practice
- 7.4 4th of July Parade
- 7.18 – 22 Band Camp Week 1 (8:00am – 5:00pm)
- 7.25 – 29 Band Camp Week 2 (8:00am – 9:00pm)
Categories: CHS Band