This week our 2 Winter Guards will debut their shows at their first competition of the season. Coaches Pierre Brown, Sophia Padilla, and Brooke Brady have been hard at work preparing our High School and Junior High guards for this opportunity. An itinerary of the day and the link to purchase tickets in advance can be found in the Week at a Glance.
Week at a Glance:
- Monday • Symphonic Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Varsity Winter Guard 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Tuesday • Wind Ensemble • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Junior Winter Guard Camp 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Wednesday • Concert Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Varsity Winter Guard 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Friday • GMEA High School Experience • Participants report to band room by 6:10am
- Junior Winter Guard 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Saturday • Winter Guard at Creekview HS • Download Itinerary
- Both groups travel together • Report to band room at 6:00am • Purchase Tickets Here
Disney Rehearsals & Meeting
We will march a parade through the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in celebration of their 50th Anniversary on Friday, February 25, 2022 at 12:45PM in the Magic Kingdom.
The first Disney Band rehearsal is February 3 from 3:45pm – 5:00pm. We will meet again on February 16 and 17. Mr. Carr will use this time to prepare the students for the parade but also to set expectations for the trip. These rehearsals have been on the calendar since the trip was announced. Attendance these rehearsals is mandatory for students participating in the Disney Trip.
A virtual chaperone and final student meeting will take place on February 17 at 6:00pm. It will be virtual because our Winter Guard will be using our band room space that evening. We hope that this will also be a bit more convenient for all involved.
GMEA: High School Experience
Friday, January 28, 2022 • The Classic Center, Athens, GA
On Friday, January 28, 2022 a few of our students will travel to Athens, to the Classic Center and participate in the Georgia Music Educators Association’s In-Service Conference, a professional development conference for Georgia Music Educators. They will attend workshops designed tfor them to experience the music education profession. Students will take a bus to Athens with our few chorus students wo are also attending. Ms. Lowry and Ms. Hopkins-Arnold will be in attendnace as well.
Students attending the event should report to the band room at 6:10AM ready to load the bus. They will need money for dinner (~$20) as well any money they would like to spend in the exhibit hall. The exhibit hall will be full of music education vendors rangings from instrument manufacturers, music publishers, and universities as well as various other resource offerings.
Download the Itinerary/More Information by Clicking Here
- 6:10AM Report to the Band Room
- 6:15AM Depart for the Classic Center
- 9;30AM Check In
- 10:00AM Opening Session
- 12:00PM Lunch is provided
- 4:30PM Students are dismissed
- Mr. Carr will meet up with them for dinner before they depart for CHS
- 6:00PM Depart Athens for CHS
- 8:00PM Approx. Arrive back at CHS
UWG LGPE Clinic
Our Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble classes have been invited by the University of West Georgia to perform at their LGPE Clinic in February. These performances are free and open to the public and our students will receive feedback and a rehearsal session from Dr. Josh Byrd, UWG’s Director of Bands.
Symphonic Band • Tuesday, February 8, 2022
- 7:00 AM Report to CHS
- 7:30 AM Depart for the Carroll County Performing Arts Center
- 8:00 AM Perform
- 9:10 AM Load Buses and return to CHS
- 9:30 AM Arrive back at CHS
Wind Ensemble • Wednesday, February 9, 2022
- 7:00AM Report to CHS
- 7:30AM Depart for the Carroll County Performing Arts Center
- 8:00AM Perform
- 9:30AM Depart for CHS
- 9:50AM Arrive at CHS
District Honor Band
Download the Information/Itinerary Here • This information will also be handed out to all District Honor Band participants. Please fill out the last page and return with the hotel fee by February 8, 2022.
We have many students traveling to Ringgold in a few weeks to participate in the GMEA District VII Honor Band. We will take a bus to the event on Thursday as well as Friday, but ask parents to meet up with us after the morning rehearsal on Saturday so that they can take their child to lunch and attend their concert. Below are the details for District Honor Band participation:
Annual Trojan Band March 5K and Fun Run • PLEASE SHARE
Please download the photo above and share on all of your social media pages. We are hosting our annual 5K on March 19, 2022. People can sign-up by scanning the QR code, visit our website for more information, or access the sign-up page directly at: runsignup.com/Race/GA/Carrollton/trojanband5k?remMeAttempt=
More information on how to volunteer will be published soon. Thank you so much for helping us to spread the word!
Senior Spotlight – Need your help
We would like to continue our Senior Spotlights tradition that was started last year. Seniors or senior parents, click here to fill out this form to allow us to customize your senior spotlight. Filling out the form allows us to celebrate our senior’s future plans and share photos of them from throughout their school careers.
Just a reminder that Graduation this year is on May 20, 2022 although our last day of school is not until May 25. This is an important evening for all of our band students because not only do we get to celebrate with our graduating seniors, but we perform as part of the ceremony. This is a required performance for all wind and percussion students. An itinerary will be posted as we get closer to graduation, but I wanted to make sure that you understood that this is an evening commitment for our band students.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Please refer to http://www.chstrojanband.com/calendar for a full list of upcoming events/activities:
- 1.29.22 Winter Guard Competition at Creekview HS
- 2.3.22 Disney Trip MB Rehearsal
- 2.5.22 Winter Guard Competition at Kennesaw Mountain HS
- 2.8 Symphonic Band UWG LGPE Clinic
- 2.9 Wind Ensemble UWG LGPE Clinic
- 2.10.22 – 2.12.22 District Honor Band
- 2.16.22 Disney Trip MB Rehearsal
- 2.17.22 Disney Trip MB Rehearsal
- 2.19.22 Winter Guard Competition at River Ridge HS
- 2.21.22 – 2.25.22 WINTER BREAK
- 2.23.22 – 2.26.22 DISNEY TRIP
- 3.1.22 Pre-Festival Concert
- 3.3.22 – 3.5.22 All-State Band
- 3.5.22 Winter Guard Competition at Kell HS
- 3.15.22 – 3.18.22 LGPE Concerts are TBD
- 3.19.22 Trojan Band March 5K
- 3.19.22 Varsity Winter Guard Camp
- 3.26.22 – 3.27.22 Winter Guard at WGI Atlanta
- 3.26.22 Band Prom
- 4.2.22 – 4.3.22 Winter Guard SAPA Championships
- 4.4.22 – 4.8.22 SPRING BREAK
Categories: CHS Band