We are looking forward to returning tomorrow after a restful week of Fall Break! Reminder of the decision by our school board just before the break that although many of our mitigation efforts will continue, masks will be optional beginning tomorrow.
Week at a Glance:
- Monday, October 18 • Practice 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Tuesday, October 19 • County Exhibition • Schedule below
- Thursday, October 21 • Practice 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Friday, October 22 • Home vs. East Paulding HS • 8th Grade Night
- Saturday, October 23 • Band Competition at Cass HS • Schedule below
All in 1 Sale Turn In Tomorrow
Turn in for the All in One Sale is Monday, October 18th from 5:00 – 6:30. Please remember to complete your summary sheet and make sure your money matches your total. This will make the turn in process much easier.
Thank you for your participation in this sale and your support of all our children in the band program! Thank you for being ALL IN for the All-in-one Sale.
County Exhibition • Tuesday, October 19, 2021
- 3:30 Load Equipment
- 4:00 Dinner
- 4:45 Uniform Check
- 5:00 Depart for Central
- 5:15 Arrive/Unload
- 6:20 In Stands for National Anthem
- 7:35 (As Temple finishes and VR begins warm-up) Report to the track for instruments and watch VR
- 8:00 Warm-up
- 8:20 Perform
Order of Bands:
- 6:30 National Anthem by Central-Carroll
- 6:45 Bowdon
- 7:05 Mt. Zion
- 7:25 Temple
- 7:50 Villa Rica
- 8:20 Carrollton
- 8:50 Central-Carroll
- 9:20 UWG
BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE:
Admission price is $8.00 ($1 processing fee per ticket goes to GoFan)
ALL TICKET SALES WILL BE DONE THROUGH GOFAN. WE WILL SELL TICKETS AT THE ADMISSION
GATE BUT ONLY THROUGH GOFAN. NOT CASH SALES WILL BE DONE.
Carroll County and GHSA Passes will not be accepted. Please make sure your parents/supporters know. This is a
fundraiser for the Norman L. Padget Scholarship fund.
There will be a $5 parking fee for the lots located next to the stadium.
Competition at Cass HS
- 12:00 Report (Eat Lunch Before reporting)
- 2:15 Load
- 3:00 Depart
- 4:30 Dinner en route (Wendy’s, Taco Bell, or CFA – Bring $10)
- 5:30 Depart Dinner
- 6:10 Arrive
- 7:10 Warm-Up
- 8:00 Performance
- 8:20 Report to buses to remove jackets (we will stay in bibbers and show shirts)
- Leadership remains in full uniform for the awards ceremony
- 8:40 Exhibition by Cass HS (ok to visit concessions)
- 9:00 Exhibition by Woodland HS (ok to visit concessions)
- 9:20 Awards – we all sit together for awards – be back to our section by 9:20
Admission $10 / Children 5 and Under are free
Cass High School • 1000 Colonel Way, White, GA 30184
Health Class • Final Update
All coursework was originally due by August, but the deadline has been extended and communicated to the students multiple times since then. Mid-September it was announced that the final deadline would be October 18. All work is due by tomorrow.
Concessions protocol for the new uniforms:
We are very fortunate to have new uniforms and will be debuting them this Friday for homecoming and wearing them again on Saturday for our marching competition. Students should use good judgement when eating food in our new uniforms and should refrain from the following: powdered sugar, globs of ketchup/mustard, or other dips (polynesian sauce, nacho cheese, etc.) while in uniform. Additionally, students are only permitted to drink clear liquids (water, Sprite, etc.) while in our new uniforms. Any uniform that has to be cleaned because of a student’s failure to follow these guidelines will be cleaned at the expense of the student’s parents.
Access Road Behind the Band Room
The access road behind the band room that connects our room to the driveway of our storage building is not for thru traffic. On Friday night we had some parents pull through this access road while we were still unloading equipment. This poses a safety issue for our parents/students who were entering and exiting the garage while unloading equipment.
Please keep the bus loop clear
Additionally, we had many parents forget not to park in the bus loop after an away game. There were multiple cars parked at the entrance to the band facility which blocked the buses and equipment trucks from entering. Thank you for your help in keeping this roadway clear for our students and volunteers to return without obstruction and expediting our unloading process so that we all can go home sooner and safely.
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- Regular rehearsal schedule
- Mondays 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Tuesdays 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Thursdays 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Friday (Football Games)
- 10.11 – 10.15 No School – Fall Break
- 10.17 Health Class is DUE
- 10.19 County Exhibition
- 10. 22 Home vs. East Paulding * 8th Grade Night
- 10.23 Final Competition at Cass HS
- 10.26 American Pie Spirit Night
- 10.29 Home vs. Alexander
- 11.05 Away vs. Douglas County (we don’t have school but we still participate)
- 11.11 Veteran’s Day Concert
- 11.12 Playoff Game 1
- 11.18 Band Auditions
- 11.19-20 All In One PickUp
- 11.19 Playoff Game 2
Categories: CHS Band