Week at a Glance
- Monday: Symphonic Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Gold Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Tuesday: Silver Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Wednesday: Concert Band 3:45 – 6:00pm
- Thursday: 8th Grade Band Rehearsal 3:45pm – 5:00pm
- Booster Meeting • 7:00PM Virtually
- All Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 900pm
- Saturday: Silver Guard at River Ridge HS
Full Band Booster Meeting
Save the date for our quarterly Full Band Boosters Meeting on March 11 at 7:00pm
If you have a student in the Band (that means marching or concert/symphonic/wind ensemble, color guard, and winter guard) you are a Band Booster! Please join us as we talk about upcoming events and elect our Board for next year!
Join here: https://meet.google.com/ubf-miot-tvi
We are proud of all of our students who accepted the challenge of preparing videos for consideration in the All-State Band. Congratulations to Walker McCullough for being selected for the 2021 GMEA All-State Band. This year the in person event has been cancelled to prevent COVID spread, but Walker will get to participate virtually and has made history. We will add his name to the All-State plaque that hangs in the hallway right outside of Mr. Carr’s office in our band building.
Leadership auditions are beginning. Virtual information will be added to the following Google Classrooms before we meet in person and we will have the following in person meetings also:
- Drum Majors Only: March 22 – 24 • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- All Leadership Including Drum Majors: March 29 – April 1 • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- 2021 Leadership Audition Classroom Code: 5kurlck • Information posted today
- 2021 Drum Major Audition Classroom Code: 6u4d7dn • Information posted today
Silver Guard Show Saturday
- River Ridge HS
- 400 Arnold Mill Rd
- Woodstock, GA 30188
- Purchase Tickets Here: https://gofan.co/app/events/261886 ($12 each)
- 10:00 AM – 1:00PM Rehearsal
- 1:00PM – 2:30PM Pack/Eat/Get Ready
- 2:30PM – LOAD BUS
- 2:40PM – Depart for RRHS
- 4:10PM – Check-In
- 5:10PM – Warm-Up
- 5:40PM – Performance
- 5:50PM – Load
- 6:10PM – Depart for CHS
- 7:40PM – Approx. arrival back at CHS
LGPE Dates and Times
- Hosted by the Carroll County Performing Arts Center
- 775 Old Newnan Rd
- Carrollton, GA 30116
The concerts are free and open to the public, but with a limited number of seats per concert. Each concert is limited to 300 people, which is roughly 5 people per student in each of our ensembles. At the county PAC masks are required, social distancing is observed, and they ask that families attend only their family member’s performance to allow as many families to enjoy the performances as possible. This event does not require a ticket.
- Concert Band • Thursday, March 18 • 10:00AM Performance
- Symphonic Band • Friday, March 19 • 3:00PM Performance
- Wind Ensemble • Friday, March 19 • 8:00PM Performance
Concert Band Itinerary – March 18
- 8:15AM Report to Band Room wearing concert attire
- 8:25AM Load equipment
- 8:30AM Depart for the PAC
- 8:45AM Arrive
- 9:00AM Warm-Up on Stage
- 10:00AM Performance
- 10:30AM Return to CHS
Symphonic Band Itinerary – March 19
- 11:36PM Lunch at CHS
- 12:05PM Change into concert attire
- 12:15PM Load Equipment
- 12:45PM Depart for PAC
- 1:00PM Arrive
- 2:00PM Warm-Up
- 3:00PM Performance
- 3:30PM Depart for CHS
- 3:45PM Arrive back at CHS*
*Symphonic Band parents, I have spoken with our director of transportation, Montrell McClendon and we have worked it out for your child to be able to ride the bus home after LGPE if needed. We will be arriving back to the school just after dismissal. If you are able to pick up your child that would help, but since it is so close to dismissal we are trying to help as much as we can. The buses will pick up the HS students, then pick up the JrHS students, if needed return to the HS to pick up our band students. Please email Mr. Nelson (email@example.com) and tell him your child’s name and bus number if you would like for the bus to pick up your child from the HS after LGPE. We need to communicate this information to Mr. McClendon so that we can prepare the logistics to make this happen.
Wind Ensemble Itinerary – March 19
- 5:15PM Report wearing concert attire and load equipment
- 5:45PM Depart for PAC
- 6:00PM Arrive
- 7:00PM Warm-Up
- 8:00PM Performance
We have three major fundraising events in the works and are looking for volunteers to help with all aspects of each event. These events will help us earn money for the boosters day to day operations and will also help raise money for the purchase of new marching uniforms.
The events that we need volunteers for are the Trojan Band March 5k in April, the annual Band BBQ in May, and our CHS Scramble golf tournament the first Friday of June. If you are interested in helping with any of these events, please contact Shannon Waldroup at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can visit the links below to sign-up.
Trojan Band March 5K and Fun Run
Please share this information on your social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).
To sign up for the 5K as a participant or to purchase a shirt: https://runsignup.com/Race/Ga/trojanband5k?remMeAttempt=
Not interested in running? The T-Shirts are REALLY comfortable and you are supporting a great cause. Thank you to our sponsors for making this event possible. Thank you so much for sharing the information!
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- 3.13 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performances at Etowah HS
- 3.18 CB LGPE Free and Open to the Public
- 3.19 SB and WE LGPE Free and Open to the Public
- 3.27 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performance at Championships at Buford HS
- 4.5 – 9 – Spring Break – No School
Do you shop on Amazon? Want to continue supporting our band students without spending extra money? Visit Smile.Amazon.com and register our band and your purchases will begin supporting your band. Thank you for your support!
Categories: CHS Band