Good evening! This week we get to have our first indoor concert of the year. We are very excited to showcase the students’ hard work. Please continue reading for more information.
Week at a Glance
- Monday: Symphonic Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Tuesday: Pre-LGPE Concert (Logistics are below)
- Silver Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Wednesday: Concert Band 3:45 – 6:00pm
- Thursday: All Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 900pm
- 7th Grade Band in the HS Band Room 3:45pm – 5:00pm
- Saturday: Winter Guard performance at East Coweta HS
- Itinerary TBA
LGPE or Large Group Performance Evaluation is an opportunity for our students to perform for certified adjudicators and receive beneficial feedback on our progress and a rating against an established performance standard. This concert allows us to receive similar feedback in preparation of the evaluative performance provided by trusted colleagues. We are excited to welcome Derek Able, recently retired band director from Bremen HS; Scott King, band director at Starr’s Mill HS; and Michael Kobito, band director at Woodland HS to Carrollton and look forward to the insightful feedback that they will provide.
For a printable PDF of the following information you can download below.
- Masks are required for all attendees (audience and performers) while inside the MAC.
- Performers should report backstage 25 minutes before performance time using the PERFORMER ENTRANCE at the rear of the MAC.
- Audience members will enter the building at the front of the MAC closest to Ben Scott Blvd.
- After each performance, audience members will exit the MAC directly from the auditorium or through the right side of the lobby. You may meet your performers either at the home gates or in the amphitheater.
- The auditorium will open 10 minutes before the start of each performance for audience members to find their seats.
- Tickets are required for entrance – each performer will be given 2 tickets to invite audience members.
- Performers will exit the building at the rear of the MAC behind the home stands of the stadium and will walk around the MAC to meet up with parents.
- Thank you for maintaining proper social distancing practices (6 feet between you and someone not within your family).
- Seating will be divided into socially distanced pairs within the auditorium. Thank you for choosing a pair of seats quickly and not sitting in the restricted seats.
- Once you have reunited with your performer please do not remain on campus. We ask that you depart campus right away.
- Live stream available: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Sdt-6NLhbHbaOhKONVeYg/live
The times have been spread out more than usual to allow each audience to exit before the next audience enters for the next performance. If you have multiple children performing, thank you in advance for exiting when appropriate and re-entering with another ticket for each performance. The doors will open 10 minutes before the next performance. Please do not arrive too early as the social distancing location to wait on the doors to open will be outside on the concrete patio closest to Ben Scott Blvd.
- 5:00PM Carrollton Junior High School 7th Grade Band
- 5:45PM Carrollton Junior High School 8th Grade Band
- 6:30PM Carrollton High School Concert Band
- 7:15PM Carrollton High School Symphonic Band
- 8:00PM Carrollton High school Wind Ensemble
Students should arrive to the MAC in full concert attire 25 minutes before their scheduled performance times.
High School report times:
- Concert Band reports backstage in concert attire at 6:05pm
- Symphonic Band reports backstage in concert attire at 6:50pm
- Wind Ensemble reports backstage in concert attire at 7:35pm
We look forward to showcasing our students’ hard work next Tuesday. Thank you for your assistance in helping us keep our students and community safe by following these guidelines. Also please share the live stream link with family and friends who otherwise would not be able to attend: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Sdt-6NLhbHbaOhKONVeYg/live
Tuxedo and Dresses
Ms. Dothard has done a great job with the help of some family and some band parents to help our students get ready for our first concert. The tuxedos and dresses that were ordered have come in and are ready to be picked up. We have announced to the students for the past couple of weeks to take them home, but some still haven’t picked them up. Students will need these for the concert on March 2.
If you haven’t paid for the tuxedo or dress yet you can use RevTrak to pay for them. https://carrolltonhs.revtrak.net/Band-Fees/
- Tuxedo – $215
- Dress – $105
Also, you can access your Charms Account to find your account balance by visiting http://www.charmsoffice.com and using CHSTrojanBand as your school code and your child’s student ID number to access your account (if you havne’t changed the password). If you are unable to access your Charms account, please contact us and we will be happy to assist. You can call 770)834-0550 or e-mailing Ms. Dothard at Barbara.Dothard@carrolltoncityschools.net.
We have three major fundraising events in the works and are looking for volunteers to help with all aspects of each event. These events will help us earn money for the boosters day to day operations and will also help raise money for the purchase of new marching uniforms.
The events that we need volunteers for are the Trojan Band March 5k in April, the annual Band BBQ in May, and our CHS Scramble golf tournament the first Friday of June. If you are interested in helping with any of these events, please contact Shannon Waldroup at email@example.com or you can visit the links below to sign-up.
School Code: CHSTrojanBand
Full Band Booster Meeting
Save the date for our quarterly Full Band Boosters Meeting on March 11 at 7:00pm. It will be held virtually and more information about how to join the meeting will be posted at a later date. If you have a student in the Band (that means marching or concert/symphonic/wind ensemble, color guard, and winter guard) you are a Band Booster! Please join us as we talk about upcoming events and elect our Board for next year!
LGPE Date Update!
Somehow I had the wrong dates for LGPE this year, it is totally my fault. Traditionally the event rotates between which group (HS or MS) is earlier in the week and I thought HS was earlier in the week. Thankfully we received more information about the event today and I noticed that the HS dates are actually March 18th and 19th. We should have a more concrete date and time very soon, but I wanted to bring this to your attention ASAP so that you are aware of my mistake and can plan accordingly.
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- 3.2 – BAND CONCERT! Pre-LGPE Concert
- 3.6 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performances at East Coweta HS
- 3.13 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performances at Etowah HS
- 3.18-19 – LGPE: * Note this date change and see above for more information: Specific performance times and dates are yet to be released, but we will perform on one of these dates at the Carroll County Performing Arts Center. I do not have information on audience attendance yet, but will share that information as soon as I know something. It is my understanding that these concerts will be live-streamed as well. More information will be released as we learn it.
- 3.27 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performance at Championships at Buford HS
- 4.5 – 9 – Spring Break – No School
Categories: CHS Band