Good evening and Happy Sunday! One week left before our pre-festival or pre-lgpe concert! Mr. Carr is still ironing final details about having a limited audience and staggered start times. We hope to have these details ready to be announced to you either Monday or Tuesday of this week. The students are doing a FANTASTIC job preparing the programs, we cannot wait to share it with all of you!
2nd Round All-State Videos Due Now
All-State participants please submit your links (Here) by tonight if you haven’t done so already. Quick study (sight-reading) etudes were printed out on Friday for our All-State participants. Remember to introduce yourself at the beginning of each video – Name, Grade, and the portion that you are playing (Lyrical, Technical, or Quick Study).
Students may use the same lyrical link from the first round if they choose to or re-record to create a better one. Label the links in the same format as the first round. If you are experiencing technical difficulties tonight, please email Mr. Carr so that he can assist you with your videos. More information on the procedures are listed below:
Week at a Glance
- Monday: Symphonic Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Gold Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Tuesday: Wind Ensemble • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Silver Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Wednesday: Concert Band 3:45 – 6:00pm
- Thursday: All Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 900pm
Tuxedo and Dress Pick Up
Ms. Dothard has done a great job with the help of some family and some band parents to help our students get ready for our first concert. The tuxedos and dresses that were ordered have come in and are ready to be picked up. We have announced to the students for the past couple of weeks to take them home, but some still haven’t picked them up. Students will need these for the concert on March 2.
If you haven’t paid for the tuxedo or dress yet you can use RevTrak to pay for them. https://carrolltonhs.revtrak.net/Band-Fees/
- Tuxedo – $215
- Dress – $105
We have three major fundraising events in the works and are looking for volunteers to help with all aspects of each event. These events will help us earn money for the boosters day to day operations and will also help raise money for the purchase of new marching uniforms.
The events that we need volunteers for are the Trojan Band March 5k in April, the annual Band BBQ in May, and our CHS Scramble golf tournament the first Friday of June. If you are interested in helping with any of these events, please contact Shannon Waldroup at email@example.com or you can visit the links below to sign-up.
School Code: CHSTrojanBand
Full Band Booster Meeting
Save the date for our quarterly Full Band Boosters Meeting on March 11 at 7:00pm. It will be held virtually and more information about how to join the meeting will be posted at a later date. If you have a student in the Band (that means marching or concert/symphonic/wind ensemble, color guard, and winter guard) you are a Band Booster! Please join us as we talk about upcoming events and elect our Board for next year!
Forms for a special Band Shoppe order were sent home last week. Orders are due by February 26, 2021. You can download the order form here.
LGPE Date Update!
Somehow I had the wrong dates for LGPE this year, it is totally my fault. Traditionally the event rotates between which group (HS or MS) is earlier in the week and I thought HS was earlier in the week. Thankfully we received more information about the event today and I noticed that the HS dates are actually March 18th and 19th. We should have a more concrete date and time very soon, but I wanted to bring this to your attention ASAP so that you are aware of my mistake and can plan accordingly.
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- 3.2 – BAND CONCERT! Pre-LGPE Concert
- We are still working on logistics for how an audience may work, but we have already made arrangements to live stream the event from the MAC so that our students will have the opportunity to perform a concert for their parents. More information will come out this week.
- 3.6 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performances at East Coweta HS
- 3.13 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performances at Etowah HS
- 3.18-19 – LGPE: * Note this date change and see above for more information: Specific performance times and dates are yet to be released, but we will perform on one of these dates at the Carroll County Performing Arts Center. I do not have information on audience attendance yet, but will share that information as soon as I know something. It is my understanding that these concerts will be live-streamed as well. More information will be released as we learn it.
- 3.27 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performance at Championships at Buford HS
- 4.5 – 9 – Spring Break – No School
Categories: CHS Band