Week at a Glance
- Monday: Symphonic Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Tuesday: Wind Ensemble • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Silver Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Wednesday: Concert Band 3:45 – 6:00pm
- Thursday: All Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 900pm
- Saturday: Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performances at Etowah HS (moved from River Ridge)
Our winter guard has their debut performance this weekend at Etowah HS. The competition was supposed to take place at River Ridge HS originally, but due to extra COVID protocols they have split the contest between River Ridge and Etowah, which are very close in proximity. Good luck to both our Silver and Gold Winter Guards as they show off their shows for the first time.
Winter Guard Saturday Itinerary:
Etowah High School – Woodstock, GA – February 13th
- Silver rehearsal: 10AM-11:15AM
- Eat/Pack/Load: 11:15AM
- Gold Rehearsal: 11:30AM-12:45PM
- Eat/Pack/Load: 12:45PM
- Load Buses: 2:25PM
- Depart CHS: 2:35PM
- Arrive @ Etowah HS: 4:10PM
- Silver Guard Check-in: 4:20PM
- Silver Guard Warm-Up: 5:20PM
- Silver Guard Ready in Hallway: 5:40PM
- SILVER PERFORMANCE: 5:50PM
- Load Silver Equipment: 6:00PM
- Load Bus: 6:20PM
- Gold Check-In: 6:05PM
- Gold Warm-Up: 7:05PM
- Gold Guard Ready in Hallways: 7:25PM
- GOLD PERFORMANCE: 7:35PM
- Load Gold Equipment: 7:45PM
- Load bus: 8:05PM
- Depart Etowah HS: 8:25PM
- Arrive @ Carrollton: 10:15PM (Approx.)
- -Dinner will be provided by chaperone parents and will be handed to each guard after performance.
- -There will be no concessions but shows will provide a souvenir booth.
- -Masks are required by every instructor/student/volunteer/parent at all times.
2nd Round Audition Procedures
Like the first round, brass and woodwind students will submit links of their lyrical and complete
technical etude to their band director. Students have the option to use the same lyrical link from first
round if they choose or re-record. Label the links in the same format as the first round. For each
submitted video, students should say their name, grade in school and what they are playing.
Percussion need to submit links of the snare, mallet and timpani etudes in their entirety.
In lieu of sight-reading, GMEA will release a “Quick Study Etude” on Friday, February 19th for all
auditioning brass, woodwind and percussion students on the GMEA website under the All-State
information page. All students will be required to record themselves performing this etude for their
instrument. They should label it using the same format as the other prepared etudes when uploaded in
YouTube to create the unlisted link.
*Due to limited accessibility, percussion will only have one quick study requirement, which will be on
Volunteer Opportunities – Please Help
We have three major fundraising events in the works and are looking for volunteers to help with all aspects of each event. These events will help us earn money for the boosters day to day operations and will also help raise money for the purchase of new marching uniforms.
The events that we need volunteers for are the Trojan Band March 5k in April, the annual Band BBQ in May, and our CHS Scramble golf tournament the first Friday of June. If you are interested in helping with any of these events, please contact Shannon Waldroup at email@example.com or you can visit the links below to sign-up.
Winter Break is February 15 – 17. There is no school that Monday – Wednesday, but we do report back to school on Thursday February 18.
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- 2.15 – 17 – Winter Break – No School
- 3.2 – BAND CONCERT! Pre-LGPE Concert
- We are still working on logistics for how an audience may work, but we have already made arrangements to live stream the event from the MAC so that our students will have the opportunity to perform a concert for their parents. More information will come out as it is available.
- 3.6 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performances at East Coweta HS
- 3.13 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performances at Etowah HS
- 3.16 – 3.17 – LGPE: Specific performance times and dates are yet to be released, but we will perform on one of these dates at the Carroll County Performing Arts Center. I do not have information on audience attendance yet, but will share that information as soon as I know something. It is my understanding that these concerts will be live-streamed as well. More information will be released as we learn it.
- 3.27 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performance at Championships at Buford HS
- 4.5 – 9 – Spring Break – No School
Categories: CHS Band