Videos were due on Friday, but I announced to the students that they could use this weekend to upload. Please get them uploaded tonight. Here is the link if you cannot find it.
Information about how to submit was posted the last couple of posts, visit the previous posts for more information. Also, here is the PDF that GMEA sent regarding uploading instructions: video guidelines.
Week at a Glance
- Monday: Milestones Testing • Extended 1st Block • American Lit Section 1
- Symphonic Band (Winds and Percussion)• 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Gold Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Tuesday: Milestones Testing • Extended 1st Block • American Lit Section 2 & 3, Algebra 1
- Wind Ensemble (Winds and Percussion) • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Silver Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Wednesday: ASVAB Testing
- Concert Band (Winds and Percussion)• 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Thursday: Milestones Testing • Extended 2nd Block • Biology, US History
- All Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Trojan Band March • 5K
We are in the planning stages of a 5K. If you are interested in helping out, please email Shannon Waldroup or Mr. Nelson. We need help securing sponsors, advertising, and some other administrative items. We hope to finalize the date of the event this week, but we are looking at a Saturday in March or early April.
Have you not received your trip refund yet? All refund checks were made available the week before the break, but if you have not been able to pick up your check yet, please visit Ms. Dothard in the band room so that we can return your money to you. We are not freely passing them out to the students because we understand some parents would prefer to pick up the refunds themselves, but if you would like your child to pick it up for you, they can sign for it with Ms. Dothard, please communicate that to them for us.
Senior Spotlight – Need your help
We would like to continue our Senior Spotlights tradition that was started last year but we need your help. Seniors or senior parents, click here to fill out this form to allow customization of your senior spotlight. Filling out the form allows us to celebrate our senior’s future plans and share photos of them from throughout their school careers. Senior Spotlights will be featured on on band’s Facebook page: CHSTrojanBand
Haven’t joined our remind? We use this to communicate, especially information that is “just in time.” ETA’s, rehearsal cancellations, etc.
We had dreamed of having another Pastapalooza on January 26 when we created the calendar in May hoping we would start on time, could have indoor events, and the school calendar would not change. But with the semester not changing until January 25 and Milestones testing interrupting the school day next week, we will be focusing on Large Group Performance Evaluation preparation during class. The goal is to have the Jazz Bands perform at the Band BBQ in May.
- 1.18.2021 – MLK Day – No School *Parade has been cancelled this year
- 1.25.2021 – Start of the 2nd Semester
We hope that you have a great week! GO TROJANS!
Categories: CHS Band