Friday night was absolutely terrific! Our students had a wonderful first performance of the year with many outstanding moments. We still have work to do, but the performance was enthusiastic, passionate, and well executed considering the circumstances! We look forward to continuing to forge ahead this week as we continue to add and clean details to the show.
Thank you to all of the wonderful volunteers who made Friday special for our seniors! Breakfast, last minute prop needs, making sure all students had uniforms – even with students re-joining just this week!, sound cart modifications, sustain pedals, handling concessions, providing waters, setting up, and cleaning up. It takes a village and your generosity is very appreciated! We look forward to welcoming our 70+ 8th graders with us at the game this week! We face Rome, so it promises to be an electric game. LET’S BRING THE NOISE!!!
Week at a Glance
- Monday • Full Band 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Tuesday • Full Band 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Thursday • Full Band 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Field day before rehearsal from 4:30 – 5:45pm (stay tuned for more information)
- Start rehearsal with pre-game at 6:00pm
- SPECIAL PERFORMANCE FOR PARENTS 8:30PM
- Friday • Home vs. Rome • 8th Grade Night! • BUY TICKETS HERE • Student concessions
- 4:45pm Report to Band Field for Pre-game rehearsal
- Section leaders arrive early to greet our 8th Graders
- 5:30pm Dinner provided by the boosters
- 6:30pm Uniform Check in Stadium
- 7:00pm Pre-Game
- 7:30pm Kick-Off
- 4:45pm Report to Band Field for Pre-game rehearsal
Order Tickets or Concessions for Friday
Parents, here is a special link for reserved tickets only for the band for Friday. Any unsold tickets will be available for general admission beginning on Wednesday. This is the same link that was sent out via Remind earlier today.
Students, please only submit the following form 1 time for concessions on Friday. We do this because it is important to keep separation from large crowds while we are still under COVID guidelines.
- We simplified the # of items based on most-purchased items
- Pulled waters off the list since we provide these
- We will be accepting money Tuesday after practice and Thursday before practice only or you need to talk to a booster about arrangements.
• Concessions Order Form (Please only submit 1 time) – pay after practice on Tuesday or before practice on Thursday.
Thursday’s Special Parent Performance
At 8:30 we will do a special performance of Dream for our parents. At the conclusion of the run through we will play some of our favorite stands tunes for you as well! Thank you for observing appropriate social distancing guidelines and having masks for when social distancing may be more difficult. Keeping our community safe is a top priority. We have worked very hard this year to make sure we can allow our students the opportunity to perform, your diligence help us continue with the season. We really appreciate your understanding and support! If you haven’t had a chance to see the show yet, you are in for a real treat!
A great quick way to help out for 8th Grade Night!
As we welcome our 8th Graders, we would like to continue certain traditions, one of which is feeding the entire band and 8th graders before the game. This group is nearly 300 amazing kiddos! Because of the challenges this year, we would like to graciously ask for either a donation of Coke products (12 ounce cans or bottles only due to restrictions) – either Coke, Sprite, or Coke Zero. You may also make a donation at our Square Site or give a Booster a donation after practice on Tuesday or before practice on Thursday.
Let’s do volunteers!
First, we say no volunteers and then we change our minds? Yes! With everything changing, thank you for being so patient. We will be opening up Charms for this Friday night! Here is the link:
Next Week Fall Break!
Quick reminder that we will not have any after school band events next week in observance of Fall Break. Students are out from school Monday – Wednesday and return for Thursday and Friday. Since the game is away, we will not have any marching band functions for the entire week.
We will return to our normal schedule for the next week and celebrate Homecoming followed by our first performance at a competition on October 24 at Strong Rock Christian Academy in Locust Grove.
All In One Fundraiser
Students were given information last Friday for the All in One Sale. Thank you so much for your assistance with the fundraiser! If you’d like to spread the word digitally people can order All-In One items via our booster web store as well. (https://chstrojanbandboosters.square.site/shop/all-in-one-sale/6)
The more fruit and meat that we sell this fall, the more we are able to provide for our band. To accomplish our goals, we are asking that each band family sell 30 units of fruit and/or meat. Anything over the 30 units is greatly appreciated! If you would prefer not to sell, a donation of $150 or more would be greatly appreciated and help our booster club to continue providing for our students. Remember, if a customer does not want to purchase fruit or meat, please ask for a donation because any amount will help us reach our goal. Thank you so much for your support of our band students!
Spirit Wear & Show Shirts
Kelly Hansen will be at the band room on Thursday from 5 – 7pm if you have already ordered spirit wear and need to pick it up. Friday, October 9th from 5:30-7pm Trojan Band Shoppe will be set up right outside the band room. Stop by and check us out!!!
Upcoming Dates To Look For
- October 8 – Because we have lost some opportunities to perform lately we will do a parent preview performance of our show and perform some stands tunes for our parents. We will begin the performance at 8:30 PM and welcome you to socially distance in the stadium while previewing our show. We will do this every Thursday on a smaller scale, but on October 8th we will also play some stands tunes to close out practice.
- October 10 – Mr. Carr made the decision to cancel the Legacy of Champions for a multitude of reasons. The main two reasons being that we had zero bands signed up as of 3 weeks ago, and when calling bands who have previously participated they were either not allowed to travel or not preparing a fieldshow for performances this year and opted for only a pep band format due to COVID guidelines in their school district. Because LoC is a fundraiser in addition to a service to our band community, a minimum number of participants are needed to make it worth the effort.
- Week of October 12 – This was our originally scheduled Fall Break. We now have school on Thursday and Friday of this week, but Mr. Carr has decided to not have after school practices this week. The game that week is away, so no band function either. We will reconvene with our normal schedule on the 19th with excitement!
- October 22 – Another parent preview evening where we will do a full run of the show for our parents beginning at 8:30PM. We may actually perform the show 2 times? This is the night before the Homecoming game versus Paulding County and the final rehearsal before our first “competition.” Mr. Carr has reached out to Strong Rock Christian who hosts a competition for A and AA bands and asked if we could perform as the exhibition band that evening. Details are pending, but this would be an exciting opportunity for our students to show off the hard work they have done since July for a very appreciative audience.
- October 24 – Exhibition at Strong Rock Christian Academy’s Band Competition
- October 30 – Right now this is an “open” date on our calendar, but our football team is actively looking for an opponent to play. If the game is home, the band will participate. Please stay tuned for more details and do your best to not make plans for October 30.
- November 7 – Super Bowl of Sound at Central HS. Please plan a full day for the band competition at Central – more details will be released as we get closer.
We have an amazing opportunity for all parents who want to get involved with the band program this year! Sponsorships are one of the main revenue sources for our program. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to call and/or visit local businesses to help secure sponsorships for this year. We will provide you with a sample “script”, all the information and support that you need, along with a list of who to contact. If you are interested, please call Jennifer Carden, 678-283-7471 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trojan Band Historical Slide Show
A very special thank you to Mrs. Rita Gentry for creating this wonderful keepsake to celebrate all Trojan Band Members throughout our storied history. We hope that everyone enjoys this wonderful presentation of the Trojan Band. If you have pictures that you would like to contribute or if you notice something that may need correcting, please e-mail Mrs. Gentry. History is a labor of love for her and we are blessed that she was willing to take on this project for all of us. You can contact her via the previous link or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Donations? Items Needed
- Bottled water or $10 donation so we can buy more
- Since we are not able to use the water coolers, we will use more bottled water than a typical year. All donations are appreciated.
- Hand Sanitizer
- We have had a good response, but we will be using quite a bit of sanitizer over the next few weeks. All donations are appreciated.
- Sanitizing wipes
- This is an area that we do not have as much of, any sanitizing wipes to help keep the storage rooms clean, etc. will help.
Are you in the loop?
- Subscribe to our Remind text the code below to 81010
- Classof2021 Parents: @6dffefa
- Classof2022 Parents: @89hc3gk
- Classof2023 Parents: @72ab42
- Classof2024 Parents: @ka2kded
- Students A-M: @6gaa92
- Students N-Z: 37ebaca
- Sync our calendar to your phone!
Band Health Class
Parents, if your child has not completed the Health Class, please ask them why not. All work is past due at this point. Yes, they can still turn it in, but time is running out.
Students, many of you have received your grades and have been worried because all of the work is past due and you are worried that you have failed. You are welcome to retake any work that you did not pass until you have a passing grade. At this point however, all passing grades are final. If you have not finished the class, you need to complete all assignments by the end of September. That will give us the month of October to retake any assignments that you need to pass the class. Thank you for finishing up your work.
Categories: CHS Band