The following information was posted by our school today concerning Friday’s football game versus Jonesboro. ATHLETICS UPDATE | Carrollton and Jonesboro have decided to cancel their football game scheduled for Friday, Sept. 18th due to concerns with COVID-19. Our school is working to schedule a game for Friday, Sept. 25th. Ticket info will be forthcoming.
Please stay tuned for more information regarding rescheduling Senior Night. Thank you for your patience and understanding as decisions are made to keep our students safe and honor as many traditions as possible without jeopardizing their health or safety.
Students, it is a long season still ahead of us. I know that it is disappointing that we haven’t had a chance to perform yet. We will get our shot and we will be ready! Last week we had a wonderful rehearsal on Thursday, I look forward to having 3 wonderful rehearsals this week!
Band Booster Meeting
We are meeting on Tuesday evening at 6:30PM via Google Meets for a booster meeting. We were hopeful to meet in person, but have decided it is still best for us to meet virtually. Thank you for your understanding. We will be discussing several important items and hope that you can join us.
The Week at a Glance
- Monday • Full Band 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Tuesday • Full Band 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Thursday • Full Band 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Friday • Game Cancelled
- Saturday • Guard Rehearsal • 12:00PM – 9:00PM in the SAC
Sponsorships – We Need Your Help
We have an amazing opportunity for all parents who want to get involved with the band program this year! Sponsorships are one of the main revenue sources for our program. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to call and/or visit local businesses to help secure sponsorships for this year. We will provide you with a sample “script”, all the information and support that you need, along with a list of who to contact. If you are interested, please call Jennifer Carden, 678-283-7471 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirit Wear & Show Shirts
Kelly Hansen will be at the band room on Thursday from 5 – 7pm if you have already ordered spirit wear and need to pick it up. This is also a great time to place a pre-order for show shirts and check out other band spirit wear available in our Trojan Band Shoppe. Online pre-order option available here for show shirts.
Donations? Items Needed
- Bottled water or $10 donation so we can buy more
- Since we are not able to use the water coolers, we will use more bottled water than a typical year. All donations are appreciated.
- Hand Sanitizer
- We have had a good response, but we will be using quite a bit of sanitizer over the next few weeks. All donations are appreciated.
- Sanitizing wipes
- This is an area that we do not have as much of, any sanitizing wipes to help keep the storage rooms clean, etc. will help.
Are you in the loop?
- Subscribe to our Remind text the code below to 81010
- Classof2021 Parents: @6dffefa
- Classof2022 Parents: @89hc3gk
- Classof2023 Parents: @72ab42
- Classof2024 Parents: @ka2kded
- Students A-M: @6gaa92
- Students N-Z: 37ebaca
Band Health Class
Parents, if your child has not completed the Health Class, please ask them why not. All work is past due at this point. Yes, they can still turn it in, but time is running out.
Students, many of you have received your grades and have been worried because all of the work is past due and you are worried that you have failed. You are welcome to retake any work that you did not pass until you have a passing grade. At this point however, all passing grades are final. If you have not finished the class, you need to complete all assignments by the end of September. That will give us the month of October to retake any assignments that you need to pass the class. Thank you for finishing up your work.
Categories: CHS Band