Football Team – Region Champions!
Band – Grand Champions!
What a wonderful week for our Trojans as we continue to pull together as a community for #42 Chase McDaniel. Football clinched the region on Friday Night, One Act had 2 students named All-Star Cast, Cheerleaders won 1st place, Cross Country hosted the state meet while remaining highly competitive, and our band was named Grand Champions!
I am so proud of the students for their perseverance these past few weeks. Understandably, morale was low following the realization that the weather prevented us from competing. I even over heard a couple of students talking, “practice on Thursday? Doesn’t Mr Carr know that is Halloween?!” But during these past couple of weeks that we were blessed to have together to continue working on our show, our students began focusing on the real reason we “band” together. This realization culminated during our pre-show pep talk when the students began chanting “Band… Fun…!!!” Focusing on the process and that our performance is intended to be a gift for our audience while we are having fun performing is what we are all about! We focused on having fun with every rep for the past couple of weeks and the students’ passion showed through during our competition performance! It was rewarding to be a part of the process and watch our students continue to grow together as a family and achieve their goals as a team!
Week at a Glance
- Monday – Wind Ensemble – 3:30 – 6:00
- Tuesday – Symphonic Band – 3:30 – 6:00
- Wednesday – Concert Band – 3:30 – 6:00
- Thursday – Full Band (Marching Band) 3:45 – 5:00
- Friday – Away Game at Hiram (click here to volunteer – pulling the flag)
- Veteran’s Performance (Armed Forces Salute and Battle Hymn)
- Load After School
- Dinner (Papa John’s Pizza) 4:00
- In Uniform by 4:45
- Depart 5:00
- Approx 11:30PM return • Check Reminds for updated ETA
- For Band Parents, you can sign up for the graduating class of your student. So if your child will graduate in 2021, you will sign up for the 2021 class. Now, if you have more than one student in the band, please sign up with the latest graduating class. If you have a student graduating in 2021 and 2023, please sign up for the 2023 class.
- Here are the codes you can use to sign up with Remind
- BandClassOf2020 – @a9dec62
- BandClassOf2021 – @6dffefa
- BandClassOf2022 – @89hc3gk
- BandClassOf2023 – @72ab42
Help Needed For All-In-One Pickup Days
So you have sold items for the All-In-One sale, now you can help with the distribution of those items. If you would like to help with sorting and distributing of the items, please click on one of the links below to sign up.
To help on Friday, November 22, 2019 from 8AM – 6PM Click here.
To help on Saturday, November 23, 2019 from 8AM – Noon Click here.
Has your student been asking for some band swag for the holidays? Look at the Band Shoppe by clicking this link and get your items earlier and beat the holiday rush. There is even a number of cold-weather gear that you can order to be ready to support the Trojans as they get ready to enter the playoffs.
Shop at Amazon? You Can Help the Boosters
Do you shop on Amazon often? Did you know that you can help the Band Boosters when you shop on Amazon. Go to smile.amazon.com and then select Carrollton Band Booster Club, Inc. for the charitable organization you want to support.
Students participating in the health class should be completed with the eADAP course from the GA Department of Drivers Services. Please double check with your child to verify that they have completed that course and submitted a certificate to me either in person or a PDF via email. This is the most important aspect of the class as it qualifies our students to apply for their drivers license. Once they have finished the eADAP course online, then they complete the 9 Unit exams via Google Classroom and they are done. Due dates are listed in Classroom to allow students to complete the class before their semester becomes too hectic. I will be lenient with the due dates so long as all coursework is completed and turned in by the Thanksgiving Break. Thank you for your assistance in keeping your child on track.
HAVE YOU SYNCED YOUR CALENDAR?
The Charms Calendar is syncing again. Syncing your calendar with the band calendar is a great way to stay informed of the schedule. You can access more information through the links above (If you hover over Calendar, Sync Calendar becomes an option), or just click here.