Help Still Needed For Competition on Saturday
Our last contest is this Saturday at Haralson County High School. We will need a number of people to help move the backdrops, wagons and also help the front ensemble so please consider signing up to help. Our students have put in a tremendous amount of effort into making this show the best it can be. You can be a part of helping them finish strong by volunteering to push props and other equipment to and from the field.
You can see all areas that need help by clicking here. You can also sign up there as well.
See below for some more details regarding the competition on Saturday
Details for This Saturday
- Rehearsal at CHS 1:00 – 4:15 PM
- Load 4:15 PM
- Dinner 4:45 PM(Provided by the boosters)
- Subway sandwiches and chips will be provided, but we would like to include some grapes for the students as well. If you are willing to donate some grapes, please click here to sign up to bring grapes by 4 PM on Saturday)
- In Uniform 5:55 PM
- Depart 6:10 PM
- Arrive at 6:55 PM
- Performance 9:00 PM
- Awards 10:00 PM
- Depart for CHS 11:30 PM
- Arrive back at CHS approximately 12:00AM
We also ask that if you help take equipment to the field that you dress with your black Band Booster shirt (if you do not have a Band Booster shirt you can wear any black shirt) and black pants.
Also, once we have a total of volunteers we will determine how much it will cost to enter the contest, so please make sure that you bring cash to the competition to pay for your admission to the competition. We do this since many bands host these contests as a fundraiser.
Concert Attire Fittings – Next Week
As marching season starts to wind down, that means we will move into concert season. This means that your student may need to be fitted for their concert attire. Freshman students will need to be fitted. Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors can be fitted as well if you feel it is necessary. The fittings will occur on Monday and Tuesday of next week.
- Girls will be fitted on Monday, October 21 at 6PM in the Band Room
- Boys will be fitted on Tuesday, October 22 at 6PM in the Band Room
We have been informed that the cost for the concert attire will be higher than in years past, but we do not have the specific costs yet. We will inform you once we have the cost.