I hope that everyone has had a restful holiday break and a chance to spend time with family. I am excited that we get to see our band family again tomorrow! Students will report to advisement first thing in the morning before 1st block.
We have a busy semester ahead of us. I hope that you continue to check our calendar often to remain update with everything.
- Jan. 4 – First Day of the 2nd Semester
- Jan. 5 – All-State Auditions at Houston County HS. The following students scored high enough at their District Honor Band Auditions to audition at the second round. Please help me in congratulating them on this high honor and wish them luck as they represent our school at the state level audition!
- Taylor Berry – 10:27 AM
- Ben Bradley – 10:54 AM
- Lainey Driver – 10:21 AM
- Dale Drummond – 11:18 AM
- Katie Hoberg – 10:06 AM
- Hale’e LaChance – 11:09 AM
- Eli Nunez – 12:48 PM
- Kelley Ozier – 10:09 AM
- Maggie Rowland – 12:30 PM
- Austin Schumann – 10:57 AM
- Andrew Stagliano – 10:03 AM
- Jan. 8 – Wind Ensemble rehearsal after school • 3:30PM – 6:00PM
- Jan. 11-12 – District Honor Jazz Band at Heritage HS in Ringgold, GA. The following students auditioned and were selected to participate in this prestigious honor. Please help me in congratulating them and wish them good luck as they represent our school at the District Honor Jazz Band Clinic!
- Brian Crews, guitar
- Cesar Ramirez, bass guitarJacob Sipes, drum set
- Andrew Stagliano, baritone saxophone
The Kiwanis Showcase is approaching. Download the application and more information. The showcase is a talent show for instrumentalist and vocalist in the West Ga area. First place wins a $500 scholarship. Students can perform as a chamber ensemble, or as soloists. Applications are due by February 1 and students must commit to performing on February 10 at the local showcase hosted by Center for the Arts and be prepared to perform at the state level on April 27, 2019 in Leesburg, GA if they are chosen as the winner. I would love to see our students take advantage of this wonderful opportunity!
Only a couple of weeks before our next marching band performance. We will celebrate MLK Day by performing in the local parade on 1/21/2019. The itinerary will be posted soon, but I wanted to make sure it was on your radar.
Categories: CHS Band