We are so thankful for the men and women who have made a commitment to our country by serving in our military. Without their dedication and sacrifices our lives would not be the same. Thank you for serving our country to make this a better place for all of us!
What a great win for the Trojan Football team at Riverview on Friday night! It was cold and nasty, but our Trojan fans were awesome as always. Our band performed a half time show in honor of our Veterans! I appreciate all of you that helped make the show a success by assisting with our awesome American flag! We are excited to host Loganville this Friday night at Grisham Stadium! Come on out and cheer on your Trojans!
A couple of important events are happening this week, so please make sure you read this post in its entirety.
- Monday – Veterans Day Concert at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday – Hollywood Parade Practice – 3:45 – 5:00 pm
- Thursday – Full Band Rehearsal – 3:45 – 5:00 pm
- Thursday – MANDATORY Pre-Trip Meeting – 6:00 pm
- Friday – Playoff Game against Loganville – 7:30 pm
- Friday – All in One pick up – 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday – All in One pick up – 9:00 am – Noon
Maybe that is more than a couple of things!
Veterans Day Concert
Join us Monday night, November 12th at 7:00 pm for a special concert honoring our Veterans!
It will be an evening full of music! Yes, we worked on marching band all semester, learned some chamber music and jazz selections, but we’ve also prepared a wonderful concert for all. It will feature all 3 concert bands, 1 jazz selection played by our Summer Jazz Band, our marching band, and a pretty awesome guitar solo. I think that you’ll have a great time! We hope that you’ll join us!
Students will wear their formal attire to this concert. I know that some of our attire that was ordered earlier this year had not quite arrived by Friday. It should be here tomorrow. If for some reason it is not here, then please wear something as close to all black attire that you have.
- Concert Band 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm in band room (welcome to go home need to be back by 6:30PM for sound check on stage)
- Symphonic Band 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm on stage (welcome to go home, need to be back by 6:45PM)
- Wind Ensemble 5:30 pm- 6:30 pm on stage (welcome to go home before your rehearsal, please be back in time for your rehearsal)
Hollywood Trip Meeting
There is a MANDATORY meeting Thursday, November 15th at 6:00 pm in the Don Hall Band Room. We will discuss details of packing, flights, itinerary, expectations, etc. Parents and students joining us on the Hollywood trip are REQUIRED to attend this important meeting.
HOME Playoff Game against Loganville
We are at home this Friday night! Go Trojans!
- 6:15PM Report in Uniform (Students need to have eaten dinner before arriving)
- 6:45PM Performance in the CHAMP
- 7:00PM Pre-game
- 7:30PM Kick Off
All in One Pick Up
We have a few specific areas of need for the All in One pick up. We need some strong individuals to assist in unloading the trucks on Friday morning at 7:30 AM. If you can help at that time, please meet in the Tabernacle Baptist Church parking lot to assist! We will need people to sign up and help distribute the fruit and meat. Please see the following link to sign up to volunteer!
Friday Sign up
Saturday Sign Up