WOW! What an amazing week last week! The band dinner was lovely! A special thanks to Emily Leak for all of her leadership with this special event! And thanks to all of you that brought yummy desserts! It was a fantastic tribute to a fantastic year! Thank you!
This past Thursday was the band barbecue and we had LOTS of volunteers (students and adults) and sold LOTS of barbecue! Rachel Tate was the lead and she did a tremendous job! Rachel, thank you! What a fun evening for our band family and our communtiy. Thank you to everyone who sold tickets and spread the word. Let’s continue to make it bigger every year! Incentive winners will be announced tomorrow!
Spring Concert – This Tuesday!
May 8, 2018
Our Spring concert is this Tuesday, May 8th at 7:00 pm in the Mabry Arts Center. Lets pack the MAC for a special night of music, including the world premier of Grosso Blue composed by CHS’s own Katahj Copley! It will be a great evening of music. Please share with family and friend and let them know that the concert is open to the public and free. #PACtheMAC
May 12, 2018
The Band Prom is a night where our band students get dressed up and dance! Students decorate the band room and bring snacks to share. The theme this year is, The Great Gatsby. It is a fun night for our band students! Please encourage your student to participate!
If you are able, we would love for you to help make the band prom a special night for our kids. Go to the following link to volunteer to send food or drinks, make a monetary donation, and volunteer to chaperone.
Leadership and Rookie Marching Camp • May 14 & 17 • 4:00pm – 6:00pm
The leadership have expressed an interest in getting to know our new members sooner. We will host new member marching training on May 14th and 17th to allow our new members a chance to get to know their leadership. One of the things that our leaders wanted to do was to host more section fellowship events throughout the summer. By meeting our new members before summer, we will be able to include them with the fellowship events. These will be fun, informative sessions to help the students get to know one another, but also prepare our new members for our 4th of July Parade better as well.
Graduation • May 18
- Band students perform at graduation. This a required performance that serves as our final exam grade for each concert band class.
- Dinner at 5:30PM
- In concert attire by 6:30PM
- Graduation starts at 8:00PM
- May 7 – Color Guard Spring Training 4:00 – 7:00 pm
- May 8 – Spring Concert 7 pm
- WORLD PREMIERE – Grosso Blue by Katahj Copley featuring former Trojan Daniel Kuntz on clarinet, Kyle Willoughby on Bass Clarinet, and Mr. Carr on clarinet. It is going to be awesome! You don’t want to miss this concert!
- May 10 – Color Guard Weapon Training 4:00 – 7:00 pm
- May 12 – Band Prom
- May 14-17- Percussion Spring Camp 4:00 – 9:00pm
- May 14 & 17 – Leadership/New Member Marching Camp 4:00 pm – 6:00pm
- May 18 – Band Fee commitment money due
- $100: Winds and Percussion (reserves your spot in the show).
- $175: Color Guard (in addition to the spot in the show, this payment includes your uniform cost).
- May 18 – Graduation • 5:30pm report time
- May 23 – Trip Payment Due Date ($419)