We had a great turn out at last night’s Spring Band Booster meeting, but for those that were not able to attend and as a reminder to all, here are the highlights and “need-to-know” information provided at the meeting.
- Our president Joe Driver welcomed everyone, especially our rising 9th graders. He then introduced the Band Booster Officer, which you can find listed here. Joe then talked about the duties and benefits of being a band booster and how to pay your Band Booster Membership dues. More information about duties, benefits, dues and the Booster Membership Form can be found here and here.
- Vice President Michael Post then introduced our incoming students and parents to the High School Band Program’s communication plan, which include our website, and social media feeds. For more information about any of this please email Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director’s News & Announcements
- Chris Carr, Director of CHS Bands then introduced/reintroduced everyone to Charms, the information system that the band uses to keep track of student records. More information about Charms can be found here. Next Chris covered the 2015-2016 Handbook and discussed parent and student responsibilities and forms due by May 18th, 2015. To view a copy of the 2015-16 Handbook and access the forms that are required, please visit here.
- General Business
- Nominating Committee Recommendations: This year we needed to elect a new Treasurer and Secretary due to the two-year term end of our current ones. The Nominating Committee Chair, Ben Gordon, announced the nomination of Meredith Harris as Treasurer and Tracy Wiggins as Secretary. The nominations were accepted and passed by affirmative vote.
- By-Laws Amendment: The general membership received and passed a minor by-law amendment making ratified amendments effective immediately, where they had been delayed until the beginning of the following fiscal year.
- Band BBQ Updates
- Marching Band Competition
- Big Annoumcent
- We closed the evening with the major announcement by Mr. Carr as he revealed the ‘real’ 2015 marching show. For more on that announcement and to see the announcement video, visit here.
We feel that it was a great meeting and a great start to the exciting year ahead. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to assist this great program and spend time with these great group of students. We look forward to seeing you all over the coming weeks and months. As always, if you have any questions, contact the band room at: 770-834-0550 or email the boosters at: email@example.com
CHS Band Boosters
Categories: CHS Band