Tomorrow begins a very important week for many facets of our band program. Our concert bands perform at Large Group Performance Evaluations on Thursday and our Winterguard travels to Pensacola, FL to compete in a WGI Regional this weekend!
Here is a snapshot of the week ahead:
Monday: Wind Ensemble 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Tuesday: Winterguard 3:00pm – 5:30pm
Wednesday: Symphonic Band 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Thursday: Large Group Performance Evaluations at Woodland HS in Bartow County:
800 Old Alabama Rd SE, Cartersville, GA 30120
Symphonic Band Itinerary
- Report at 8:30AM
- Depart at 9:00AM
- Arrive at 10:15AM
- Perform at 11:10AM
- Lunch at 12:10PM (Students will need to bring money for lunch: ~$7.00 – $10.00)
- Return to CHS 2:30PM – We will are doing our best to be back just in time for the buses, but there is a chance that we will not be back in time. Please plan on picking up your child by 4:00PM if we arrive back after the buses depart.
Wind Ensemble Itinerary
- Report at 3:30PM
- Depart at 4:15PM
- Arrive at dinner 5:30PM
- Dinner until 6:15PM (Students will need money for dinner (~$7.00-$10.00)
- Arrive at WHS at 6:30PM
- Perform at 7:20PM
- Depart for CHS at 8:20PM
- Arrive back home at 9:30PM
ALSO on Thursday: Winterguard 3:00pm – 5:30pm
Friday: No School – Winterguard Departs for WGI Pensacola!
Below is our departure schedule. Students will need money for meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day. A complete and detailed itinerary has been given and announced to the students. It will be posted here for your convenience soon.
- 5:00AM Report to Carrollton High Scool
- 6:00AM Depart for Pensacola!
Also, with the start of this week I would like to share some WONDERFUL news! GOD is GOOD! Josh, Lindsay, and Everrett were release from the hospital yesterday and are now HOME! They still face a challenging recovery period, but we are praying for steady consistent healing for baby Everrett. If you have signed up to help provide meals for the family, THANK YOU! and Mrs. Huls will be in contact with you about further details.
I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Let’s do this!