I hope that everyone has had a wonderful first full week of school and a restful weekend! As we approach week 2, I wanted everyone to be aware of a few calendar updates and to remind you that volunteer opportunities will be posted soon.
- The first update is that this week’s Thursday practice will be from 6:00pm-9:00pm, which was the regular schedule for the students last year. I discovered many reasons of why this time works best for Thursdays. This will allow us a cooler climate, hopefully, a rehearsal in the stadium, and allows our students a chance to attend tutoring, club meetings, etc after school if needed. All remaining Thursday rehearsals for the season will happen from 6:00pm-9:00pm. This will be great as it will give us a “dress rehearsal” each week as we prepare for the Friday Night Lights!
- The second update is a result of a request by the student leadership and a consideration for their safety. We have attempted to start rehearsal at 3:00 each day and the students have attempted valiantly, but I have discovered that with the location of the bus loop it is dangerous and almost impossible to reach the practice field in time to rehearse starting at 3:00pm. The students have asked if we could start at 3:15pm and end at 6:15pm. Tomorrow we will start at 3:15pm and end at 6:00pm, but all other 3:00-6:00 rehearsals have been changed to 3:15-6:15 rehearsals, including this Tuesday’s rehearsal. Thank you so much for your understanding in this small time change. I think that it will make a huge difference for our students.
- The other changes are due to facility availability. I have confirmed the dates with Chris Smith and have firm dates now. I wanted to be sure that you were aware that some dates have changed. The best way to stay updated is to check the calendar often.
- Veteran’s Day Concert – November 10 at 7:00PM in the Mabry Arts Center
- Christmas Concert – December 9 at 7:00PM in the Mabry Arts Center
- Pre-Festival Concert – February 19 at 7:00PM in the Mabry Arts Center
- Spring Concert – April 2 at 7:00PM in the Mabry Arts Center
- Band Banquet – April 30 at 6:00PM — Planning on using the Cafeteria for a catered dinner and awards in the MAC.
- Volunteers are needed on Friday to help load the trucks for the game on Saturday. We will be loading at 4:30PM. We thought this would be better than arriving extra early to a 6:00AM report time on Saturday morning. Thank you in advance for your help this weekend!
- Volunteers are also needed to pull the flag at the game on Saturday. If you are already planning on attending the game and do not mind helping out during half-time, please be on the lookout for the volunteer link soon. We will be creating a “Sign Up Genius” for the volunteer opportunities throughout the season. We need and appreciate your help.
- Just a quick reminder about the Show Shirts and Booster T-Shirts for sale. You can scroll through the previous announcements to find the information about purchasing your band gear!
Thank you so much for your support! Have a great week!
Categories: CHS Band