With a successful band camp behind us, and the beginning of the 2014-2015 school year just a week away, there are few routine housekeeping items and other announcements we wanted to remind everyone of to ensure we get off to the best possible start this school year.
- Practice Schedule: Starting this week the band will settle into into a somewhat typical practice schedule for most of August. Practices will be on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm to 6pm. But please get into the habit of checking the band calendar regularly to make sure you aware of any unexpected schedule changes. The calendar can always be accessed from the website’s main menu by clicking on “Calendar“.
- (Tuesday) Football Program Pictures: Tuesday, August 5th, 2014. Students are to report to the band room at 8:00AM to get dressed in full uniform and be ready for the full band photo at 9:00AM in the stadium. Section pictures and senior family pictures will follow immediately after the full band photo. Seniors must have their immediate family with them on this day for the senior family photo. Due to printing deadlines, there will not be any other make up photo days.
- (Tuesday) 2014-2015 Band Forms Due: Tuesday, August 5, 2014. If you have not completed and turned in your 2014-2015 Band Forms located in the 2014 – 2015 CHS Band Handbook, please do so and turn in by this Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
- (Tuesday) Moe’s CHS Band Spirit Night – Tuesday, August 5th, 2014, from 5:00 pm to 8:00pm at Moe’s Southwestern Grill, located at 1765 South Hwy. U.S. 27, Carrollton, GA. Show your Trojan Band spirit and support the band by eating supper at Moe’s on Tuesday!
- Disney Trip Cost Information: We have received the updated cost for the Disney Trip:
- Students = $600.00
- Chaperones staying quad occupancy (4 people to a room) = $600.00
- Chaperones staying triple occupancy (3 people to a room) = $625.00
- Chaperones staying double occupancy (2 people to a room) = $700.00
- Chaperones staying single occupancy (1 person to a room) = $825.00
- Please Note: These prices are for students & chaperones only. All others planning on going who are not band students or someone who has volunteered as a chaperone, your pricing will be different and will need to be coordinated with the travel agent separately. Please contact Joe or Allison Driver for more information or for any further information regarding the Disney Trip.
- Disney Fundraisers and Sponsorships: The Band Boosters will be announcing details for another fundraising opportunity this coming week for those who wish to participate in an effort to reduce your personal trip costs. Additionally, we will also be opening up the opportunity for band supporters, alumni or any other community members to donate funds to sponsor band members whose lack of financial resources might otherwise prohibit them form participating in our trip. This will be a great opportunity to make a huge impact in a young person’s life.
- (Saturday) Band Booster Work Day: The Band Boosters are requesting that everyone that is ready, willing and able be at the band room this Saturday, August 9th, 2014 at 9:00 am so that we can have a good ole’ fashion work day and give the CHS band room some much needed love. We will be doing a little cleaning, repairing, organizing and a whole lot of laughing as we get the band room and equipment trailers ready for the new school year and the fast approaching marching season. This will be a great chance to get to know everyone and make a big difference, so please make plans to help even if you can’t stay for the whole time.
There are lots of exciting thing happening all around the band and if you are like us, you can wait to get this year underway and see what all it has in store.
If you have any specific questions about any of these items, you can contact Mr. Carr at: firstname.lastname@example.org, the Band Office at 770-834-0550 or the Band Boosters at: email@example.com.
Go Trojan Band!
Joe & Allison Driver
CHS Band Booster Presidents