Week at a Glance
- Monday: (available on Sunday) Quick Study Etude Available • Available Here
- Band Banquet: 7:00PM • MAC
- Guard Auditions: 4:30PM – 6:00PM • CJHS Gym
- Tuesday: Guard Auditions: 4:30PM – 7:30PM • CJHS Gym
- Marching Percussion Clinic: 4:00PM – 5:30PM • CHS Band Room
- Thursday: Virtual Band Auditions Due • Submit Here
- Guard Auditions: 4:30PM – 7:30PM • CJHS Gym
- Friday: District Honor Band • See below
- Guard Auditions: 4:30PM – 7:30PM • CJHS Gym
- Marching Percussion Clinic: 4:00PM – 5:30PM • CHS Band Room
- BBQ/Raffle Turn In: 3:00-5:00
Band Banquet • Tomorrow Night
The banquet will start at 7:00PM on April 26, 2021 in the MAC. Please note it will be a ceremony only, we will not be serving dinner this year. But it will be a great celebration of our students as they have worked to overcome many obstacles this year and we are very proud of their efforts and achievements!
Band Auditions – Due Thursday
All videos turned in on time will earn an additional 30 points for submitting them on time.
Audition videos are due by April 29, 2020. All videos turned in on time will earn an additional 30 points for submitting them on time. Remember, your video does not have to be perfect. Record each take, and submit your best efforts by April 29.
1) 2 mins for scale test (3 points per scale) 2) chromatic scale (20 points plus bonus options) 3) etude (50 points) 4) quick study etude (50 points) – available on Sunday, April 18
You may record your videos as many times as you’d like. When you are finished, upload your videos to YouTube and set the listing as “Unlisted.” An unlisted video is only viewable if someone has the link to the video. Please title your video as follows: Audition section_First Name_Last Name. (ex., Scales_Alfonzo_Scruggs, Chromatic_Alfonzo_Scruggs, Etude_Alfonzo_Scruggs, Quick Study_Alfonzo_Scruggs).
Submit your video using the following Google Form. Once you have submitted your audition please join the appropriate Google Classroom:
For more information please visit this link: Band Auditions.
Quick Study Etude (Winds and Percussion): Available Now!
District Honor Band
District Honor Band is Friday April 30 and May 1. 9-10 Grade Band will rehearse at the MAC and 11-12 Grade Band will rehearse at the County PAC.
Participating students will be excused from school for Friday. Because the event is local, transportation will not be provided. Mr. Carr will be on campus hosting the 9-10 ensemble. If transportation will be an issue, please email Mr. Carr at Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org so that he may assist you with transportation. We want all qualifying students to be able to participate.
Schedule • Friday, April 30, 2020
- 10:00AM – 12:30PM Rehearsal (9-10 at MAC and 11-12 at PAC)
- 12:30PM – 2:30PM Lunch
- 2:30PM – 5:30PM Rehearsal (9-10 at MAC and 11-12 at PAC)
- 5:30PM – 7:30PM Dinner
- 7:30PM – 9:30PM Rehearsal (9-10 at MAC and 11-12 at PAC)
Saturday, May 1, 2020
- 9:00AM – 12:00PM Rehearsal (9-10 at MAC and 11-12 at PAC)
- 2:30PM • 9-10 Band Performance at the PAC (Wear your concert attire)
- 4:00PM • 11-12 Band Performance at the PAC (wear your concert attire)
Upcoming Trojan Band Member and Parent (Booster) Meeting
Please put this on your calendar! May 20th will be our 2021-2022 Information Meeting which will include rising Freshman through Senior parents and students. We will spend plenty of time walking through what it means to be in the CHS Trojan Band and Band Boosters next year, provide information to help parents and students get ready, and more! We will also have the CHS Band Store open for those who want some additional merch!
Updates to Booster Bylaws
Over the past several years we have been looking at some additional changes to clarify or improve our bylaws. As we grow, change, and move, different things become important and we need to clarify. For example, as we have grown, we need to have Executive Board members (officers + At large members) leading each of the fundraisers. Because we have only had 3 positions for At large, it has increased the amount of work for the board. We are wanting to create flexibility for the board but also increase the possible number of At large to help. This is just one of the examples. Below is a link to the changes requested to be voted on digitally. Parents, please take a minute and read through the requests and the explanations and vote here once! Each question is mandatory with answers of Yes, No, or Abstain. We will have the voting open for the next week.
Band BBQ • May 6, 2021
Just a reminder to sell those BBQ tickets! Packet turn in is Friday, April 30th, after school until 5:00 pm. To help expedite the turn in process, please make sure your tally sheet is complete before you arrive. Also, please notate any delivery orders on this page and turn in any unsold tickets.
The raffle will be held immediately after the performance at the end of the event. The grand prize is $500. Thank you again to the parents who have graciously provided a Weber grill and three Scentsy gift baskets for our prizes. Thank you to the CTEA department at CHS and Scott Evans Nissan for additional prizes.
We have also updated the volunteer link for this event to indicate different time slots. Please sign up (Volunteer for the BBQ) as soon as you can. We definitely need folks to help with setup and making sandwiches in the morning and then breaking down in the evening.
And don’t forget that packet turn is APRIL 30!
Any students who are available to assist on May 1st at Pelicans selling BBQ & Raffle tickets please email Jasmine Arnold at email@example.com. Additionally, we will need a few student volunteers to pass out flyers at Mayfest which is also May 1.
Special thanks to the Squire Shop for making tickets available for us! Ran out of tickets? No problem! Send you friends and family to either the band room to buy tickets from Ms. Dothard or send them to the Squire Shop! Better yet, visit the squire shop, purchase some clothes and thank them for selling BBQ tickets and raffle tickets for us!
The CHS Scramble Trojan Band Golf Tournament will be held on June 4, 2021 at the Oak Mountain Golf course. Please help advertise the event by sharing the Facebook Event
Please share the information on all of your social media. Register for the tournament here.
Also, please sign up to Volunteer for the Golf Tournament as soon as possible and someone will contact you with more information.
Spring Concert • May 25
Please note the date change for Spring Concert. This change occured because of the availability of the MAC. Drama has the facility booked for all of May for the Spring musical. CJHS performs at 6:00 on May 25 and our concert will follow at 7:00PM.
Graduation • May 28
Graduation is on May 28 and is scheduled to start for 7:30PM. We will perform for graduation this year like we have in the past. This is a required event for all 9th-11th grade band students. We wear our formal concert attire for the event. Thank you for supporting your child in performing this important service for our school in celebration of our graduating seniors!
- 5:00PM Dinner provided
- 6:30PM In Formal Attire and ready to warm-up
- 7:00PM Move as a band to the field for procession
- 7:30PM Processional
- Approximately 9:00PM Put up music/chairs/stands and dismiss
2021 Band Camp
Parents, please make your child drink water all summer long and get outside. We will be mindful of helping our students acclimate to the stresses of marching band, but we will need your help to ensure that they do not arrive to camp partially dehydrated and make sure they are prepared to battle the sun.
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- 4.26 Band Banquet • MAC
- 4.26, 4.27, 4.29, 4.30 Fall Color Guard Audition Camp
- 4.26 Quick Study Etude available
- 4.27 Marching Percussion Clinic
- 4.29 Wind and Percussion Virtual Auditions due
- 4.30 BBQ Packet Turn In
- 4.30 Marching Percussion Clinic
- 4.30-5.1 District Honor Band
- 5.6 Band BBQ (Jazz Band and Marching Band Performances)
- 5.11 Marching Percussion Clinic
- 5.13 Marching Percussion Clinic
- 5.17-5.20 New Marcher Spring Training
- 5.17-5.20 Marching Percussion Auditions (Drum Camp)
- 5.20 Trojan Band Member and Parent Meeting
- 5.21 Marching Band Commitment Form Due
- ***5.25 Spring Concert*** UPDATED DATE
- COVID pushed the Spring Musical further back so that MAC was unavailable for our original date. This was the first available date.
- 5.28 REQUIRED – Graduation • All 9-11th grade band students perform
- 6.4 CHS Scramble Golf Tournament
- 6.7 Percussion Camp (times on the calendar)
- 6.14 Percussion Camp (times on the calendar)
- 6.21 Percussion Camp (times on the calendar)
- 6.28 Percussion Camp (times on the calendar)
- 7.3 Parade Practice
- 7.4 Carrollton 4th of July Parade
- 7.19 – 7.23 Band Camp 8:00AM – 9:00PM
- 7.26 – 7.30 Band Camp 1:00PM – 9:00PM
- 7:30 Trojan Night
Do you ever order from Amazon? If you do, you can order the same items on AmazonSmile for the same amount and a percentage of the purchase will be donated to the Carrollton Trojan Band Boosters.
The AmazonSmile program is a give-back program where the online retailer, Amazon, donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the Carrollton Trojan Band Boosters to support our normal operations and efforts in supporting our band. This really is a effortless way to support our band without it costing you anything extra. If you normally shop online with Amazon, you simply designate the Carrollton High School Band Boosters Club Inc. as the charitable organization that you’d like to support and that’s it… Your account will automatically be linked and then whenever you make your normal eligible purchases the band will benefit. It can’t get much easier than that to help!
To link your account, follow this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/58-1572206 and sign in to your Amazon account. That’s all there is to it! Share this link with your family, friends, and co-workers too so they can support us as well. If you want to take your support to the next level, share this opportunity with your Facebook Friends by simply clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http://smile.amazon.com/ch/58-1572206 or on share on your Twitter feed by clicking here: http://bit.ly/1mt64cX
After linking your account, whenever your shopping on Amazon, make sure your shopping at smile.amazon.com and then look for the AmazonSmile logo in the upper left-hand corner of your browser window. That’s your assurance that your purchases will benefit our program! NOTE: AmazonSmile does not work with the Amazon App for mobile devices. If you commonly shop from your smartphone or mobile device you will want to place the items you want in your shopping cart via the app but then complete your checkout in a traditional web browser on your desktop, laptop, smartphone, or mobile device in order for the AmazonSmile donation to be made.
There is no time limit on this program so we encourage you to continue to take advantage of this opportunity year-round.
If you have any specific questions you can contact the Band Boosters at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categories: CHS Band