Important Schedule Updates – Please Read!
We have made the decision to attend the rescheduled contest at Haralson County High School on November 2. With this decision, we need to make some changes to our schedule for both this week and next week. One important thing to note, is that the Pasta-palooza that was scheduled for Monday, October 28 has been cancelled, Mr. Carr is unsure about rescheduling at this point because we will have the Veteran’s concert on November 11 and then another concert in December. This cancellation will allow our students more time to focus on the contest on November 2. Additional practices that have not been on the calendar, have been added. Charms has been updated to reflect these changes, so if you sync your calendar with Charms, the schedule updates will automatically occur.
We appreciate your patience and support with these adjustments to better serve our students.
Week at a Glance
* Please note that there are concert band rehearsals this week to allow the students to prepare for the upcoming concerts. Since percussion and winds are not in class together, after school rehearsals are required to prepare for our concerts.
- Monday – Wind Ensemble – 3:30 – 6:00
- Tuesday – Symphonic Band – 3:30 – 6:00
- Wednesday – Concert Band – 3:30 – 6:00
- Thursday – Full Band Rehearsal 3:45 – 6:15
- Friday – Bye Week – Enjoy the night off!
Next Week at a Glance
- Tuesday – Full Band – 3:45 – 6:15
- Thursday – Full Band – 3:45 – 5:00
- Friday – No School
- Senior Night – Home Game v. Paulding County Report 6:15PM in Uniform Click here to sign up to volunteer
- Saturday – Marching Competition at Haralson County HS (details to be sent out this Sunday)
We have been able to determine a way to be able to use Remind again for notifications to both our parents and students which will not be affected by the 150 user cap recently implemented by Remind. So here is how you can sign up to receive notifications from Remind.
For Band Parents, you can sign up for the graduating class of your student. So if your child will graduate in 2021, you will sign up for the 2021 class. Now, if you have more than one student in the band, please sign up with the latest graduating class. If you have a student graduating in 2021 and 2023, please sign up for the 2023 class.
Here are the codes you can use to sign up with Remind
BandClassOf2020 – @a9dec62
BandClassOf2021 – @6dffefa
BandClassOf2022 – @89hc3gk
BandClassOf2023 – @72ab42
This will allow us to better communicate arrival times when returning from away games and competitions as well as dates when forms are due, etc. So please sign up as soon as you can.
Categories: CHS Band