I hope that everyone has had a Happy Thanksgiving with a chance to visit with family and rest up before we hit these last three weeks until Christmas Break! There is a lot going on so please be sure to check often for updates.
This week approaching we have jazz band rehearsal on Monday from 3:00pm – 4:00pm. Then parade practice on Tuesday from 3:15pm-5:00pm, although there is a good chance that we could be finished early if the students have already memorized their music, which was handed out the week before Thanksgiving. Winter guard will also rehearse on Tuesday, which will begin immediately following parade rehearsal and will conclude at 7:00pm. Thursday we have a chamber ensemble performing at the Georgia School Board Association’s Annual Conference and then our marching band is performing in the Carrollton MainStreet Holiday Wishes Parade. Winter guard’s Thursday practice will happen on Friday since we have the parade on Thursday. They will meet from 3:00pm – 7:00pm on Friday and will be fitted for their costumes. Then on Saturday, our drum line is leading the Children’s Health Care of Atlanta Parade through downtown Atlanta! The parade itineraries are listed below:
Thursday, December 3, 2015 • Holiday Wishes Parade • Carrollton, GA
- 3:15PM Load Instruments
- 4:00PM In Uniform
- 4:15PM Load Buses and depart for Parade Staging
- 4:30PM Warm-Up and prepare for parade
- 5:30PM Parade Begins
- Approximately 6:30PM Return to CHS
Saturday, December 5, 2015 • Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Parade (Drum Line Only)
- 7:00AM Load Instruments
- 7:30AM In Uniform
- 7:45AM Load Bus and depart for Parade Staging
- 9:00AM Staging Time
- 10:30AM Parade Begins
- 11:00AM Eat Lunch at the CNN Center (Please bring about $10 for lunch)
- 12:00PM Depart for CHS
- Approximately 1:00PM Arrive back at CHS
Check the calendar for next week happenings as we have Winter Guard in full swing, a collaborative concert next week with our concert bands, chorus, and drama classes that will require a rehearsal next Tuesday, and a concert next Thursday evening! More about this exciting event will be discussed in our post for next week.
We also have very important auditions for our students approaching quickly. The Georgia Music Educator’s Association District Honor Band Auditions take place on December 12, 2015 at East Paulding High School. Students who are auditioning for the chance to participate in this competitive ensemble started this journey with a commitment in September and have continued preparing for their audition individually. Below is some information that you will need for your auditions.
DHB Audition Information
- EAST PAULDING HIGH SCHOOL
3320 East Paulding Dr. • Dallas, GA 30157
- December 12, 2015
- Please arrive by 10:30AM. Our audition times begin at 11:00AM.
- You do not have an assigned time.
- Parking is located in the front of the school
- Check-in is located very close to the warm-up area
- Only do a sensible warm-up, don’t over do it in the warm-up area
- Get in line when you are ready and warm-up
- The judges go to lunch at 12:00pm, but will not go to lunch until they have listened to the line that is ready.
- If it gets closer to 12:00pm and the line still seems long and you have time, you may want to visit the concession stand and be the first to audition after lunch.
- If you are taking the ACT that morning, please notify Mr. Carr ASAP.
- You will be able to audition when you are finished testing, but must arrive at EPHS by 2:00PM. Mr. Carr needs to notify the host director so that he can notify your adjudicator panel.
- If you have any other questions please email Mr. Carr @ email@example.com
- GOOD LUCK!!
Categories: CHS Band