Good morning!! I wanted to re-share this wonderful article written by Mr. Post last year. With camps starting next week, it is very important that we all read this and continue hydrating. The post also shares some great resources at the bottom for more information.
Next week’s schedule will be 8:00am-12:00pm, Lunch until 1:30, and then 1:30pm – 5:00pm. We will be inside and outside throughout the week, so be sure to be prepared to battle the sun: Light clothing, shorts, tennis shoes, socks, sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, etc.
I look forward to seeing everyone and having a wonderful start to an amazing year!!!
Carrollton High School Trojan Band
With our band camps just a week away, I’m sure there are a lot of rookie students and parents wondering just how to prepare themselves for band camp. With that in mind I prepared a short list of tips that I complied from several insightful articles that should help our newcomers and veteran band members better prepare for this year’s band camps.
- Be prepared. Make sure to have water, instrument, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc.
- Early is on time. Always arrive a few minutes early. Remember that you need time to gather your things and get to the practice area.
- Try your hardest. Band camp will go a lot smoother is you make a decent effort at marching and playing your instrument.
- Be optimistic and don’t complain. Complaining or bellyaching is extremely annoying to everyone and ultimately unhelpful.
- Make friends. Get to know your classmates, your section, whoever is sitting or…
View original post 900 more words
Categories: CHS Band