Wow, where did the summer go? Today is an exciting day! We are looking forward to making some of the first sounds of the season today! Just wanted to post a few quick reminders:
- Drink a large glass of water. Hopefully you never stopped drinking plenty of water, but just in case go ahead and have another glass now. This will help you during today’s practice.
- Practice begins promptly at 3:00pm – Remember that being “On-Time” means to be early. If you arrive at 3:00pm, you’re late.
- You will need to dress appropriately to go outside. We will have rehearsal even if it is raining outside. We have plenty of music to learn for Saturday’s performance. It’s going to be a great one!
- We have rehearsal again on Friday from 3:00pm – 6:00pm.
- We will load instruments after rehearsal on Friday into the small trailer. If your instrument is on the truck, plan on returning to the band room after the parade to help unload the trailer.
- Saturday we will report to the Community and Southern Bank (201 Maple St • Carrollton, GA 30117) at 9:00AM, please arrive early. The parade steps off at 10:00AM and we should be finished by 10:30AM-11:00AM. Please have your ride pick you up from the K-Mart parking lot, at the end of the parade route. The trailer will return to the band room immediately following the parade. Please help us unload the trailer after the parade.
- Saturday is a full day of festivities on our campus. That evening the Carroll Symphony Orchestra will be performing on the Elementary School lawn accompanied by a tremendous finale featuring a breathtaking firework display!
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER : ) Band camp is only a few weeks away. The fun continues soon!