Thank you to all of our volunteers this weekend! Although Friday night was wet and dreary, your help made it enjoyable. Thank you for everyone who showed hospitality to Villa Rica and for your flexibility with the weather. Saturday was very successful because of our parental support as well. We were able to finish the drill, make great progress on the props, feed our students quickly, and restore our uniforms from the night before!
Let’s pray for great weather this week! The forecast is for it to rain some this week, we will rehearse rain or shine. Pack a poncho just in case.
This week’s schedule
- Monday – 3:45PM – 6:15PM
- Tuesday – 3:45PM – 6:15PM
- Thursday – 6:00PM – 9:00PM in the stadium; 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Prop Building
- Friday – Away game versus Rome – BRING A SHAKER – Let’s be LOUD!!!!!!
- Student Itinerary
- Report after school for dinner (Subway)
- 4:45PM Depart for Rome HS
- 7:30PM Kick-Off
- 12:00AM Arrive back at CHS
- Student Itinerary
- IMPORTANT REMINDER for picking up your student after the game!!!
- Please remember that NO cars should enter the band parking lot UNTIL the buses and 18 wheeler have pulled in and the students have safely unloaded.
- ALL students are EXPECTED to unload ALL equipment, not just their own instrument! If everyone helps, we will accomplish the work faster and we can all get home!
It is hot and that means our band is consuming a lot of water! It is time for those water donations. Each member of the band (which includes the guard) is asked to donate $10 or 4 cases of water. If you are paying by check, please make it out to the CHS band boosters. You can also pay online at: https://chstrojanband.revtrak.net/trojan-band-water2/
Thank you for your help! The kids appreciate it! We take waters to every game and competition, so we need LOTS of water!
If you’re willing to help us build props, we can use your help on Thursday evening from 6:00-8:00 PM in the house behind the bandroom.
Legacy of Champions
Our competition, the Legacy of Champions (10/13/18), will be here before you know it and we need to make sure we get all of the volunteer spots filled. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do so as soon as possible so we can continue to prepare knowing this is all taken care of. Remember, all band students are required to work the entire day and parents/band boosters are expected to work at least one volunteer shifts during the event, but highly encouraged to commit to working the whole day.
The success of our event takes the support and efforts of ALL of our parents/boosters. So please take a moment and visit our volunteer page: https://chstrojanband.com/volunteer/. The most important part is to just be involved, so please take time to sign-up today!
There are also sign-ups for donating food and lending equipment! Don’t miss out on a opportunity to make a huge impact for our band!
The 4th and final payment deadline is quickly approaching, October 23rd. This is a very important deadline! Our contract with the travel company states that all travelers must be completely paid by this date!
Balance DUE BY October 23, 2018 **Payments may be made with an organization check, cashier’s check or money order. Credit card payments may be made with our online web link with MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
- Please remember the cancellation policy:
- Cancellation/Changes – items for the trip have been purchased, which is why this policy is so important.
- All Cancellations and changes in number of attendees must be made in writing, indicating reason of cancellation, dated and signed by the Group Leader. Upon receipt of written notification of changes in number of attendees (individual cancellations), or entire group cancellation, charges will be applied as follows:
- February 23, 2017 – March 23, 2018 $50.00 per person cancellation fee
- March 24, 2018 – May 23, 2018 $100.00 per person cancellation fee
- May 24, 2018 – July 23, 2018 $300.00 per person cancellation fee
- July 24, 2018 – August 23, 2018 $600.00 per person cancellation fee
- August 24, 2018 – October 23, 2018 $900.00 per person cancellation fee
- After October 23, 2018 NO REFUNDS