Week at a Glance
- Monday: Symphonic Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Gold Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Tuesday: Silver Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Thursday: Concert Band LGPE – 10:00am – Itinerary below
- All Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 900pm
- Friday: Symphonic Band LGPE – 3:00pm- Itinerary below
- Wind Ensemble LGPE – 8:00pm – Itinerary below
- Saturday: Gold Guard at Alpharetta High School – Full Itinerary TBA – Event Schedule
- 5:40pm Check In • 6:40pm Body Warm-Up • 6:50 Equipment Warm-up • 7:10PM Performance
Executive Board – Elected
Thank you to the following people for their willingness to provide leadership for our booster club next year. We are still going to need many hands on deck as we work together for our students. Please be on the look out for volunteer opportunities.
- Robert & Cheryl Moore
- Vice President
- Adam & Amanda Akin
- Jennifer Carden
- Financial Secretary
- Candie Hicks
Although their roles do not officially start until May 1. Our current board will begin collaborating and continue advising during the process. We are fortunate to have many parents in our organization who care about our students and the well being of the program. Thank you so much to all of the parents who continue to volunteer help out!
Leadership auditions begin virtually today. Information that he expects to be reviewed will be added to the following Google Classrooms. In person clinics will happen as follows:
- Drum Majors Only: March 22 – 24 • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- 2021 Drum Major Audition Classroom Code: 6u4d7dn
- All Leadership Including Drum Majors: March 29 – April 1 • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- 2021 Leadership Audition Classroom Code: 5kurlck
LGPE Dates and Times
- Hosted by the Carroll County Performing Arts Center
- 775 Old Newnan Rd
- Carrollton, GA 30116
The concerts are free and open to the public, but with a limited number of seats per concert. Each concert is limited to 300 people, which is roughly 5 people per student in each of our ensembles. At the county PAC masks are required, social distancing is observed, and they ask that families attend only their family member’s performance to allow as many families to enjoy the performances as possible. This event does not require a ticket.
- Concert Band • Thursday, March 18 • 10:00AM Performance
- Symphonic Band • Friday, March 19 • 3:00PM Performance
- Wind Ensemble • Friday, March 19 • 8:00PM Performance
Concert Band Itinerary – March 18
- 8:15AM Report to Band Room wearing concert attire
- 8:25AM Load equipment
- 8:30AM Depart for the PAC
- 8:45AM Arrive
- 9:00AM Warm-Up on Stage
- 10:00AM Performance
- 10:30AM Return to CHS
Symphonic Band Itinerary – March 19
- 11:36PM Lunch at CHS
- 12:05PM Change into concert attire
- 12:15PM Load Equipment
- 12:45PM Depart for PAC
- 1:00PM Arrive
- 2:00PM Warm-Up
- 3:00PM Performance
- 3:30PM Depart for CHS
- 3:45PM Arrive back at CHS*
*Symphonic Band parents, I have spoken with our director of transportation, Montrell McClendon and we have worked it out for your child to be able to ride the bus home after LGPE if needed. We will be arriving back to the school just after dismissal. If you are able to pick up your child that would help, but since it is so close to dismissal we are trying to help as much as we can. The buses will pick up the HS students, then pick up the JrHS students, if needed return to the HS to pick up our band students. Please email Mr. Nelson (email@example.com) and tell him your child’s name and bus number if you would like for the bus to pick up your child from the HS after LGPE. We need to communicate this information to Mr. McClendon so that we can prepare the logistics to make this happen.
Wind Ensemble Itinerary – March 19
- 5:15PM Report wearing concert attire and load equipment
- 5:45PM Depart for PAC
- 6:00PM Arrive
- 7:00PM Warm-Up
- 8:00PM Performance
- 8:45PM Return to CHS
We have three major fundraising events in the works and are looking for volunteers to help with all aspects of each event. These events will help us earn money for the boosters day to day operations and will also help raise money for the purchase of new marching uniforms.
The events that we need volunteers for are the Trojan Band March 5k in April, the annual Band BBQ in May, and our CHS Scramble golf tournament the first Friday of June. If you are interested in helping with any of these events, please contact Shannon Waldroup at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can visit the links below to sign-up.
Trojan Band March 5K and Fun Run
To sign up for the 5K as a participant or to purchase a shirt: https://runsignup.com/Race/Ga/trojanband5k?remMeAttempt=
Share the QR Code, Share the Link, and Share the Flyer. Thank you so much for helping make sure that our community is aware of this wonderful opportunity to support our students!
BBQ packets will be coming home soon! We ask each student to sell their allotted tickets. This will include the tickets that we ask each student to sell as well as tickets for the raffle this day. Tickets are $8 for a single or $12 for a double. The single ticket is for a BBQ sandwich, chips, dessert and drink. The double includes two sandwiches. Each packet includes 25 single tickets and 5 double tickets.
Each packet will also include 20 raffle tickets. The raffle will be held immediately after the performance at the end of the event. We are asking our booster members if any of you would like to donate a prize for us to use? If so, contact Jennifer Carden at email@example.com. The raffle tickets will be sold for $5 each.
We are also looking for volunteers for this event. Please sign up (Volunteer for the BBQ) as soon as you can.
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- 3.18 CB LGPE Free and Open to the Public
- 3.19 SB and WE LGPE Free and Open to the Public
- 3.27 Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performance at Championships at Buford HS
- 4.5 – 9 Spring Break – No School
- 4.15 CHS Honors Night
- 4.16 Senior Breakfast
- 4.17 Prom
- 4.20 ****DATE CHNAGE***** Since Honor’s Night is on 4/15 (when auditions were originally scheduled) we have moved auditions to April 20.
- 4.24 ****DATE CHANGE**** This was announced at the booster meeting, but I want to bring it to your attention. The Band Banquet will be held this year on Saturday, April 24 so that we can use Grisham Stadium for the event. More details will be announced soon.
- 4.26, 4.27, 4.29, 4.30 Fall Color Guard Audition Camp
Do you shop on Amazon? Want to continue supporting our band students without spending extra money? Visit Smile.Amazon.com
Categories: CHS Band