We hope that everyone had a wonderful break with family these last few days. Since we have an abbreviated week this week, we have included a glance for next week instead. Let’s make the best out of Thursday and Friday. Go Trojans!
2nd Round All-State concludes this week with quick study etudes becoming available on Friday 2/19 at 12:01AM. Students will have through Sunday February 21, 2021 to submit videos to Mr. Carr, he has to submit the video links to GMEA on Monday. If you are experiencing technical difficulties on Sunday, please see Mr. Carr first thing on Monday morning so that he can assist you with your videos before the school day gets started. More information on the procedures are listed below.
Congratulations to our Winter Guard Teams
Both our Gold and Silver Winter Guard teams had a successful debut this past weekend at Etowah HS in the first SAPA competition of the season. Their next performance is on March 6 at East Coweta HS. We look forward to their continued growth as we work to finish the shows.
2nd Round All-State Audition Procedures
Like the first round, brass and woodwind students will submit links of their lyrical and complete technical etude to their band director. Students have the option to use the same lyrical link from first round if they choose or re-record. Label the links in the same format as the first round. For each submitted video, students should say their name, grade in school and what they are playing.
Percussion need to submit links of the snare, mallet and timpani etudes in their entirety.
In lieu of sight-reading, GMEA will release a “Quick Study Etude” on Friday, February 19th for all auditioning brass, woodwind and percussion students on the GMEA website under the All-State information page. All students will be required to record themselves performing this etude for their instrument. They should label it using the same format as the other prepared etudes when uploaded in YouTube to create the unlisted link.
*Due to limited accessibility, percussion will only have one quick study requirement, which will be on snare drum.
Next week at a Glance
- Monday: Symphonic Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Tuesday: Wind Ensemble • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Silver Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Wednesday: Concert Band 3:45 – 6:00pm
- Thursday: All Winter Guard • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
We Need Your Help
We have three major fundraising events in the works and are looking for volunteers to help with all aspects of each event. These events will help us earn money for the boosters day to day operations and will also help raise money for the purchase of new marching uniforms.
The events that we need volunteers for are the Trojan Band March 5k in April, the annual Band BBQ in May, and our CHS Scramble golf tournament the first Friday of June. If you are interested in helping with any of these events, please contact Shannon Waldroup at email@example.com or you can visit the links below to sign-up.
School Code: CHSTrojanBand
Forms for a special Band Shoppe order were sent home last week. Orders are due by February 26, 2021. You can download the order form here.
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- 3.2 – BAND CONCERT! Pre-LGPE Concert
- We are still working on logistics for how an audience may work, but we have already made arrangements to live stream the event from the MAC so that our students will have the opportunity to perform a concert for their parents. More information will come out very soon.
- 3.6 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performances at East Coweta HS
- 3.13 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performances at Etowah HS
- 3.16 – 3.17 – LGPE: Specific performance times and dates are yet to be released, but we will perform on one of these dates at the Carroll County Performing Arts Center. I do not have information on audience attendance yet, but will share that information as soon as I know something. It is my understanding that these concerts will be live-streamed as well. More information will be released as we learn it.
- 3.27 – Gold and Silver Winter Guard Performance at Championships at Buford HS
- 4.5 – 9 – Spring Break – No School
Categories: CHS Band