I hope that everyone enjoyed their short week due to Fall Break and are excited to get back to it. We have a pretty busy week coming up full of excitement! 3 full weeks left of our competitive season with a major performance each week. It has been a good season already and these weeks promise to be some of our most memorable. Looking forward to continuing our work together as we create something remarkable for all to watch and experience. Go Trojans!
Week at a Glance
- Monday – Full Band: 3:45PM – 6:15PM
- Tuesday – Full Band: 3:45PM – 6:15PM
- Wednesday –
- Thursday – Full Band: 6:00PM – 9:00PM
- Parent preview performance beginning at 8:30PM
- Friday – Homecoming vs. Paulding County (More info below)
- Volunteer Sign-Up – please sign up ASAP
- Students report in Uniform at 6:40PM
- Pre-Game at 7:10PM
- Kick-Off at 7:30PM
- Saturday – Exhibition Performance at Strong Rock Christian School
- Volunteer Sign-Up – please sign up ASAP
All in One
All in One orders were due last week.. if you haven’t turned your orders in yet, please turn them in tomorrow. Thank you SO much for your efforts for the fundraiser this year.
Homecoming Week Information
In celebration of homecoming week, we have designated spirit days for the students to dress up for school. Everything culminates on Friday with the pep rally in the morning, parade after lunch, and game in the evening. It will be an action packed week celebrating the efforts of our students giving back. The image at the top of the page has more information regarding the items that we collect for the annual Gold & Black Give Back. Thank you for supporting our community!
HOMECOMING SAFETY INFORMATION:
All district safety protocols for COVID-19 will be enforced during Homecoming week and school-related activities. Masks are strongly encouraged for the public and required for students during these events. Social distancing is also recommended. Thank you for following guidelines to help provide a safe environment to celebrate Homecoming festivities.
- Student spectators and parade participants must wear masks.
- Masks are strongly encouraged for community spectators.
- Parents who plan to sit with their student to watch the parade must wear a mask and meet their child at the designated class location along the parade route.
- Parade entries (floats, cars, etc) will be limited in the number of participants riding in or on parade vehicles or floats. Please contact your club or activity sponsor for more information.
- Parade spectators will be spaced along the parade route to allow for social distancing.
- Please check with your child’s school on cutoff times for checkout if you plan to check your child out before the parade.
- Schools will communicate closing times of certain parking and pick up areas in preparation for the parade.
- Parade participants will not be allowed to give out candy.
Saturday – Performance at Strong Rock Christian School as Exhibition
- 11:00AM Report for warm-up rehearsal
- 1:30PM Load Instruments and suit up
- 2:30PM Depart for Dinner in Locust Grove (will be CFA served at a local park)
- 4:00PM ETA for dinner in Locust Grove
- 5:00PM Depart Dinner for SRCS
- 5:20PM ETA at SRCS
- 5:45PM Watch Bands (you will need your mask for this)
- Guard will do makeup and put on uniforms by 7:30PM
- Band will visit the buses for uniform coats (travel in partial uniform) and put up any extra jackets before getting equipment
- 7:30PM Grab equipment and head to warm-up
- 8:00PM Warm-Up
- 9:00PM Performance
- 9:30PM Load Equipment and buses
- 10:00PM Depart for CHS
- 11:15PM ETA at CHS
County Exhibition • October 27
We will need volunteers to help with loading and unloading as well as several of our typical tasks at the exhibition. Volunteer Sign-Up
- 3:45PM Students report to band practice field for warm-up
- 4:30PM Load equipment/Dinner/and Suit Up
- 5:30PM Depart for Central
- 5:45PM Unload equipment and stage on the track
- 6:20PM Sit in designated area of the stands to enjoy band performances
- 7:35PM Report to track with equipment to watch Villa Rica
- 8:00PM Quick Warm-up and get set-up
- 8:20PM Performance Begins!
- 8:50PM Watch Central’s performance from the track
- 9:05PM Load equipment and buses
- 9:30PM Depart for CHS
Schedule for the evening:
- 6:30 PM National Anthem – Central HS Band
- 6:35 PM Recognition of Principals, Booster Presidents and Board of Education Members
- 6:45 PM Bowdon H. S.* (warm up when you arrive)
- 7:05 PM Mt. Zion H.S.* (warm up begins at 6:55 or earlier)
- 7:25 PM Temple H. S.* (warm up begins at 7:15 or earlier)
- 7:50 PM Villa Rica H. S.* (warm up begins at 7:35 or earlier)
- 8:20 PM Carrollton H. S.* (warm up begins at 8:00 or earlier)
- 8:50 PM Central-Carroll H.S.* (warm up begins at 8:30 or earlier)
ADMISSION AND TICKET SALES
Mr. Carr shared the link to purchase tickets via Remind last Friday and again on Saturday. Because the link is unique for our school (other schools also have a unique link) I do not want to share this link publicly. For necessary precautions, admission is limited to 50% capacity and we have been allotted 150 tickets to begin with. As we get closer a general admission pool will be opened and I will happily share that information via Facebook and our website. If you did not get the link, please sign-up for Remind and e-mail Ms. Dothard at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be able to email you that link.
Admission price: $7.00 ($1 processing fee per ticket goes to GoFan)
ALL TICKET SALES THIS YEAR WILL BE DONE THROUGH GOFAN. WE WILL NOT SELL TICKETS AT THE ADMISSION GATE. EACH SCHOOL WILL RECEIVE A PRIVATE LINK WITH THE ALLOTMENT OF TICKETS FOR YOUR SCHOOL ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 15TH AND WILL END AT 11:59 PM ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22ND. AFTER THAT, ALL REMAINING TICKETS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC THROUGH GENERAL TICKET SALES. THE PRIVATE LINK FOR YOUR SCHOOL WILL ONLY BE OPEN FOR ONE WEEK SO MAKE SURE YOUR PARENTS ARE AWARE OF THIS.
Carroll County and GHSA Passes will not be accepted. Please make sure your parents/supporters know. This is a fundraiser for the Norman L. Padget Scholarship fund. There will be a $5 parking fee for the lots located next to the stadium – PLEASE INFORM YOUR PARENTS
Categories: CHS Band