You survived the first week of band camp!!!
The first week of band camp was a huge success! We are extremely proud of your attitudes and work ethic! Our upperclassmen did a fantastic job welcoming our rookies and we are off to a great start to our season. Next week we continue to get to know one another, push further in our drill, and prepare for our first performance.
Trojan Night is the last night of band camp (7/27). Families are invited to join the Trojan Band for hamburgers, skits, a preview of this year’s show, and a special candle lighting ceremony. I hope that you all can make plans to join us for this fun night! The kids and staff look forward to showing off all of their hard work!
Please bring a dessert to share, it makes our dinner even better! We ask that you bring something that can be picked up to eat and does not require a fork or spoon. (cookies, brownies…) The Trojan Band Shoppe will also be there for you to purchase and order band spirit wear!
Please tell your family and friends to plan to join us for our annual Trojan Night on Friday at 6:00PM.
Now for Week 2:
- Week 2 of Camp – 8 am – 9 pm
- Please drink plenty of water.
- Wear sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses!!!
- Trojan Business Day – Students will be allowed to leave practice to attend Trojan Business Day. This is where they can get their class schedules, pay for parking passes, etc. Students will be excused at the following times and are expected to take care of business quickly then return to practice:
- Seniors and Juniors: 8:30am
- Sophomore and Freshmen: 1:00pm
- Lunch will be provided for all students every day. There is no additional fee for this.
- Students will ride buses to First Christian Church at 11:30 am for lunch each day.
- Monday – Chickfila
- Tuesday – Subway
- Wednesday – Taco Bell
- Thursday – Papa Johns
- Friday – Chickfila
- We have been overwhelmed by the generosity of our local churches. Four churches have committed to providing dinner to our band students & staff and First Christian Church is allowing us to use their kitchen and fellowship hall!
- Buses will transport students and staff to First Christian Church at 4:30 pm for dinner.
- Monday- First Baptist Church will be preparing and serving teriyaki chicken, rice, green beans, and pineapple!
- Tuesday- North Point Baptist Church will be serving Barbecue sandwiches, chips, and cookies!
- Wednesday- Southern Hills Christian Church will be providing Parmesan chicken, bow tie pasta with Alfredo, Caesar salad, and garlic bread!
- Thursday – Roopville Road Baptist Church – will assist in providing Big Chic fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, and green beans!
- Friday- Trojan Night– hamburgers, chips and dessert provided by the Band Boosters!
- We still need volunteers for Trojan night and to assist with meals and camp this week. If possible, bring a dessert to share (cookies, brownies, cupcakes… nothing needing a utensil, please!)
- Please follow the following links to volunteer for Band Camp and Trojan Night!
- Monday – https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=carrgahsb&v=4127456
- Tuesday – https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=carrgahsb&v=4127457
- Wednesday – https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=carrgahsb&v=4127458
- Thursday – https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=carrgahsb&v=4127459
- Friday – https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=carrgahsb&v=4127460
- Trojan Night – https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=carrgahsb&v=4315325
We are blessed with many volunteers to help support our band students and staff! Just a quick shout out to those that helped with the pool party in the monsoon!! Allison Driver, Jennie and Ed Redmond, and our awesome staff! Also, a HUGE thanks to Angie Stanford and Tracy Wiggins! These two ladies spent several LONG days fitting ALL the band students into uniforms for the year! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! What a blessing!
- Tuesday, July 24, 2017 – 2018-19 Season Band Fees Due – Final Installment Due – see handbook for amounts: https://chstrojanband.com/forms/ All band fees should be turned in to Mrs. Dothard, the high school band secretary, and she will write you a receipt. The school accepts cash or money orders, the school no longer accepts checks. Please drop payments off at the band room instead of mailing them so that we can provide you with a receipt. Or to save you a trip you can pay your band fees online through the following school website: https://carrolltonhs.revtrak.net/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=33. *Note: A $25 late fee will be added to all past due amounts.
First Week of School Schedule
Sunday, July 29 – SENIOR PHOTOS 6:00pm
Monday, July 30 – FULL BAND PHOTOS and Practice – 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm*
Tuesday, July 31 – FULL BAND – 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Thursday, August 2 – First Day of School – 3:45 pm – 6:15 pm
Please don’t forget to keep up with your trip payments over the summer!! This is going to be an EXCITING TRIP! You will not want to miss it!
Payment Schedule and Terms
● $50 per person deposit DUE BY February 23, 2018 to confirm group reservations. (non refundable)
● $419.00 per person deposit DUE BY March 23, 2018
● $419.00 per person deposit DUE BY May 23, 2018
● $419.00 per person deposit DUE BY August 23, 2018
● Balance DUE BY October 23, 2018 **Payments may be made with an organization check, cashier’s check or money order. Credit card payments may be made with our online web link with MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
All Cancellations and changes in number of attendees must be made in writing, indicating reason of cancellation, dated and signed by the Group Leader. Upon receipt of written notification of changes in number of attendees (individual cancellations), or entire group cancellation, charges will be applied as follows:
- February 23, 2017 – March 23, 2018 $50.00 per person cancellation fee
- March 24, 2018 – May 23, 2018 $100.00 per person cancellation fee
- May 24, 2018 – July 23, 2018 $300.00 per person cancellation fee
- July 24, 2018 – August 23, 2018 $600.00 per person cancellation fee
- August 24, 2018 – October 23, 2018 $900.00 per person cancellation fee
- After October 23, 2018 NO REFUNDS