This is a busy time of year! So let’s look at our upcoming week together!
- Yankee Candle Fundraiser
- Turn in night is this Thursday, August 31 from 7-9 pm at the band room. Online orders can still be made through the end of the year. Please make sure that your student is selling candles!
- Half-Time Show Prop Building
- Are you handy? Want to help build some props for the Field Show? Not handy? Can you paint? No matter your skill level, we need you!! We will meet this Thursday, August 31 from 6 – 8 pm at the band room. We will be painting, constructing, and having fun!! Join us!
- Riverdale @ Carrollton – Friday, September 1 @ 7:30 pm
- 5:00 – All American Tailgate – Join us for an all American tailgate party. Bring your own favorite tailgate foods, treats, and drinks to share with everyone. Don’t forget the paper products. This is a time for the band family to have food and fellowship. Email Emily Leak for additional information (email@example.com)
- 5:30 pm – Report time
- Report to practice field
- Wear show shirt and band shorts
- 6:00 pm – gGet in uniforms
- 6:25 pm – Report to band room in uniform for a quick stand tunes rehearsal
- 6:35 pm – Depart band room for CHS Amp
- 6:45 pm – Performance in the CHAMP (CHS amp)
- 7:00 pm – March to Pre-Game
- 7:30 pm – Kick off
- Pick up at the band room following the game
- Volunteer Opportunities! Please follow the link to sign up!
- Trojan Band Shoppe –Remember to visit the Shoppe to order your Trojan Band gear and support your favorite band! Embroidered items are available for order throughout the school year. Check us out online at: https://chstrojanband.revtrak.net/Spiritwear/#/list Look for new long sleeve T-shirt design option orders coming soon for Fall!
- Legacy of Champions – The Legacy of Champions is the marching band competition hosted by the Carrollton Trojan Band Boosters here at Grisham Stadium. This year our event is Saturday, October 14th and is an all day event. This is one of our premier fundraising events with the funds going to reduce the cost of our biennial band trips. All students are required to work this event and we ask that all parents plan to volunteer as well. We need everyone involved! Sign-ups for volunteers will be released very soon, so please be looking for those and sign-up to support this awesome event that draws bands from around the entire state!
- Monday, September 4 -Labor Day
- No School
- No practice
- Thursday, September 7
- FULL BAND Rehearsal – 6-9 pm
- Friday, September 8
- Additional FULL BAND Rehearsal – 4-9 pm
- American Pie 9 – 10:30 pm (optional event, students will need transportation to and from the restaurant) Parents are welcome to join us!
Have a great week!!
CHS Band Staff & Boosters