We are fortunate to have been represented proudly at the second round of All-State auditions by some of the best in the state! The following 12 students scored high enough and earned the honor to audition for the prestigious GMEA All-State Band. They dedicated personal time and efforts to preparing for these auditions. Please congratulate them for setting the example for all of our band students. The auditions took place on January 14, 2017 at Houston County High School, which was a week later than scheduled due to inclement weather. Although the second round included 2000 students, the numbers had already been reduced by the first round of auditions and the following students deserve commendation for their extraordinary efforts!
- Taylor Berry
- Brianna Colquitt
- Cindy Denaris
- Lainey Driver
- Maggi Hines
- Kayland Johnson
- Jordan Mullenix
- Kelley Ozier
- Kendall Ozier
- Ryan Schumann
- Thomas Svegl
- Christian Williamson
The Trojan Nation will be represented by the following four students who have been invited to participate in the GMEA All-State Band in Athens, GA on March 2-4, 2017:
- Taylor Berry, principal trombone
- Lainey Driver, trumpet
- Ryan Schumann, trumpet
- Christian Williamson, trombone
Very proud to be a Trojan! Excited for our band program to continue excelling and humbled by the hard work that our students dedicate to their art daily. I hope that all who committed to the process even before the first round auditions know that I am thankful for their personal efforts and leadership in making our program fantastic. It is an honor to work with you and I am proud of you!
Please remember these other items as well
- NY Trip Payments – We are getting down to the wire! All trip balances are due IN FULL by 2/17/17.
- Also, please remember to register on the travel agency’s website for the trip. This is required.
- Chaperone and participant meetings will be announced soon.
- Winter Guard Competition @ East Coweta: January 21st, 2017
- Like Arby’s…. We Have The Meats! We have leftover meat for sale fromour All-In-One fundraiser. The list below is what we have and the reduced price: Smoked turkey breast – $30, Cajun Turkey – $30, Peppered bacon – $20, Spiral Honey glazed ham- $35, Pork Sausage Patty – $20. Call the band room (770-834-0550) with your order and they will make sure it’s ready for you to pick up.