As the month of August comes to a close this week, it brings with it our first official home performance of our 2016 show in Grisham Stadium this Friday, September 2, 2016. We are looking forward to performing our 2016 show, Out of the Blue: Expect the Unexpected, for the Trojan Nation during halftime at this week’s football contest against the Riverdale Raiders.
We also have a unique opportunity to share with our band parents and supporters this week from the CHS Athletic Boosters. Representatives from the Athletic Boosters will be in the lobby of the Don Hall Band room this Tuesday afternoon from 6pm till 7pm to pre-sell new, cushioned reserved seating in the section between the band and the current reserved seating on the home side of Grisham Stadium. This Tuesday is an exclusive opportunity just for band parents and supporters to purchase these new reserved seats for the 2016 season, prior to them being available to the general public. So make sure to stop by and take advantage of this opportunity to secure reserved seating near your awesome Trojan Band! Pricing details and the seating chart are available by clicking on the following links: 2016 Pricing Chart • Seating Chart • Stadium Image
Here are the details about this week activities, including this week’s itinerary for Friday’s game.
- Normal practice schedule this week; reference our calendar for complete details
- Tuesday, 8/30/16, 6pm – CHS Athletic Boosters in band room lobby to sell new reserved seating exclusively to band parents/supporters, prior to general public offering – see details above
- Thursday, 9/1/16, 6pm – Legacy of Champions Committee Meeting; boosters are welcome, but not required/expected to attend.
- Friday, 9/2/16 – Varsity football game; full itinerary below
Carrollton vs Riverdale @ Grisham Stadium, Carrollton High School • Friday, September 2, 2016
- 6:00pm – Report in full uniform
- 7:00pm – Pregame
- 7:30pm – Kick-off
- 10:00pm* – Student pick-up/release
*(approx. times; watch Facebook, Twitter & text messages for updates)
Students should were band shorts, show shirt, black socks, marching shoes and assigned uniform. Hair needs to be pulled up off the collar, no jewelry while in uniform. Make-up needs to look natural. Volunteers should wear black booster shirts and black pants or shorts.
Thank you for all your continued support!
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters