After a successful day of food, fun, and fellowship at the annual band BBQ last Thursday, Mr. Carr announced the 2016 Marching Band Show to a huge crowd of anxious students, parents, and band supporters. The packed band room erupted into cheers as the preview video revealed the name of the show: Out of the Blue: Expect the Unexpected!
After the video, Mr. Carr went onto explain that this year’s show would utilize innovative props and be packed with surprises; like nothing the Trojan Nation had ever seen before!
So take a minute and watch the reveal video below and get ready for the 2016 Trojan Marching Band’s amazing new show: Out of the Blue: Expect the Unexpected!
2016 Carrollton Trojan Marching Band Show Reveal Video
You are not going to want to miss this year’s Band BBQ! Mr. Carr announced today that he plans to reveal next year’s marching band show immediately after this year’s BBQ performances. Performances will start at 6pm inside Grisham Stadium, so make plans to join us this Thursday, May 5th, 2016 at 6pm and enjoy a nice meal, the show, and then stick around for the big reveal!
BBQ will be served from 11:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Walk-ups welcome!
Regular meals will be available for $8.00 and provide a BBQ sandwich, chips, dessert, & a drink. Double sandwich meals will be available for $12.00 and provide two BBQ sandwiches, a bag of chips, one dessert, & a drink.
And don’t forget to volunteer to help! Sign-up here.
Band students need to report in their show shirts and khakis shorts at 5:30pm.
We look forward to seeing you at the BBQ!
As we enter the last month in the 2015-2016 school year, we find that we have plenty of activities to keep us busy as we wind down these last few days together before summer break. Please take a few minutes to review the activities for this week below so that you can be sure to support each one.
- Monday, 5/2/16, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Chamber Music Recital; Don Hall Band Room.
- Tuesday, 5/3/16, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Carrollton Trojan Band Spirit Night at Moe’s Southwest Grill, Carrollton, GA.
- Tuesday, 5/3/16, 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. – In-coming Freshman/New Band Members Parent/Student Meeting – Required; Don Hall Band Room, CHS Campus.
- Wednesday, 5/4/16, 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Percussion Ensemble Concert
- Thursday, 5/5/16, 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Annual Trojan Band BBQ; Visitors’ Concession Stand, Grisham Stadium — Continue to sell and invite; Walk-ups welcome; Volunteers still needed: Sign up here to volunteer.
- Friday, 5/6/16 – Decorating for band prom; contact Mr. Carr or Mrs. Dothard for details.
- Saturday, 5/7/16 – 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. – Band Prom “Hawaiian Paradise”; Don Hall Band Room.
If you have any questions, please make sure to contact Mr. Carr at: email@example.com, the Band Office at 770-834-0550 or the Band Boosters at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters