Most of us know how hard our band students work and how dedicated they are, but how often do we tell them or recognize their efforts. With that in mind, we wanted to share a unique opportunity with all of our supporters for honoring your band student(s). In conjunction with the Legacy of Champions Marching Band Competition, we will be producing an outstanding event program that will give parents, grandparents, guardians, friends, or loved ones the opportunity to purchase a custom personal ad to recognize your band student. Show your pride while preserving their memories and accomplishments to be cherished for years to come.
- Make a great keepsake
- Can be placed by a parent or guardian, grandparents, a group sponsor, loved ones, or friends.
- Can also honor alumni or “Band Class of …”
- Are completely customizable full page ads
- Support the Carrollton Trojan Band Program
Personal custom full page black & white ads are available for $100 each. Reservation forms can be picked up at the Band Room from Mrs. Dothard’s desk or downloaded by clicking here. Honor Your Senior • Honor your Underclassman
But hurry to reserve your spot! Personal ads are only available until August 21st, 2015.
If you have any questions about placing a custom ad, please contact the boosters at: email@example.com
With the start of school behind us we can now settle in to a little bit of a routine and continue our preparations for a successful season. With that in mind, we wanted to pass along the few items that you will want to take note of this week.
- Full Band Practice Regular Schedule: Moving forward our regular practice schedule will be in place, which is Monday & Tuesday – 3:15pm to 6:15pm; Thursday – 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Water Donations: The Band Boosters and staff have asked that all students donate (4) cases of bottled water to help offset the cost of providing bottled water throughout the season. If you have not already brought your donation of water, please try to do so ASAP.
- Booster Membership and Dues: Carrollton Trojan Band Booster Club membership is open to all alumni, and parents/guardians of current and former CHS Band, Color Guard & Winter Guard students. Annual Band Booster dues are $35.00 per family and are due by August 1st each year. For more information about booster membership, dues, and links to forms, please visit the Fees/Dues link in our website menu bar, or by clicking here: Fees/Dues (Booster dues info is near the bottom of the page). Completed forms and payments made be mailed or dropped in the Band Booster box located near Mrs. Dothard’s desk in the band room.
Corky Kell Classic Itinerary
(First football game of the 2015 season • Saturday, August 22nd, 8:45am at the Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA)
- 6:00am – Report time
- 6:45am – Depart for GA Dome
- 8:45 am – Kick-off (Trojans vs Kell)
- 12:00pm* – Depart for lunch
- Bring money for lunch at the CNN Center ($10.00 should be plenty)
- 2:00pm* Arrive back at Carrollton High School
*(approx. times; watch Facebook, Twitter & text messages for updates)
Boosters… We will be pre-loading the equipment trucks on Friday evening, Aug 21. More information about loading times, volunteer information, and a volunteer sign-up will be released towards the end of this week.
We hope that everyone has had a wonderful start to the school year!If you have any specific questions about any of these items, you can contact Mr. Carr at: firstname.lastname@example.org, the Band Office at 770-834-0550 or the Band Boosters at: email@example.com.
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters
I just wanted to send a quick reminder that we will have a sewing clinic this evening starting at 7:30PM. The clinic will be taught by Mr. John and Glinda to help us create some of the flags for the fall show. I am excited about this as it will allow us to provide larger and more creative flags for our students at a more economic price.
If you’ve never sewn before, the process includes tracing patters, pinning, and cutting. Keep in mind too that it only has to look great from the stands – we really need your help and would appreciate you attending this evening to learn how.
I look forward to seeing everyone this evening!
Thank you so much for your patience with our pictures last evening. I learned a lot from the experience last night, reflected on how to make it better, and met with Dr. Albertus this morning for suggestions on how to improve the process overall. Dr. Albertus was very supportive and sends his appreciation for your patience, too. One of the main things that I learned last night was that in the future it would be better to do our individual senior photos on at a different time than when trying to take our full band photos. This will limit the time that all students need to be in uniform and will be more courteous of all of our families’ time. This was only our second year taking senior photos of all seniors for inclusion in the program and our numbers were almost triple. Last year we had 18 seniors take photos and this year we have 43! I am sorry that the evening did not go as smoothly as anyone would have liked, and I appreciate your trust and confidence that we will do better next time.
We had a few families who were not able to take their photos last night for various reasons. I have verified another photo opportunity on Thursday at 6:10PM for our seniors and our parents/family members who still need to take their photo. If you could please e-mail Ms. Dothard at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you can make it on Thursday, that will help us to know how many photos we will be taking and do our best to get your photo taken as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Thank you again for your continued support! Have a great day!
Summer break is drawing to a close as student will return to school this week. So while you are getting clothes ready, backpacks loaded, and other things in order, keep these band related activities and events in mind.
- Full Band Practice Schedule: Monday & Tuesday – 3:00pm to 6:00pm; Thursday – 3:15pm to 6:15pm
- Band Football Program Pictures & Senior Family Pictures: Monday, August 3, 2015 6:00pm: We will be taking the band photos for the Trojan football program at the end of our practice on this day, so please expect to get done a little later than normal. Parents of seniors need to attend to have your photo taken with your senior, please arrive at the band room at 6:00pm. Senior photos will be taken after the full band photo, which will be taken first. We are hoping the be finished with all pictures by about 7:30pm.
- Moe’s Band Spirit Night: This month’s CHS Band Spirit Night is Tuesday (8/4/15), from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Please make plans to join us for CHS Band Spirit Night at Moe’s Southwestern Grill, located at 1765 South Hwy. U.S. 27, Carrollton, GA. Proceeds from our spirit nights help the Band Boosters continue their support of our band students and band program. Also be sure to tell your family, friends, and co-workers to have supper at Moe’s too so they can help support our spirit night while enjoying a great meal!
- First Day of School: Thursday, August 6, 2015 – Welcome Back!!!
- Flag Creation/Sewing Training: Thursday, August 6, 2015 – 7:30pm: We will have an expert color guard flag creator with us at the CHS band room to train volunteers (anyone willing to come and watch/learn). We are purchasing some of our flags this year, but will also need to create others, so please take advantage of this great opportunity to help out in a very unique way; no prior sewing experience necessary!
- Prop Construction Team work day: Saturday, August 8, 2015 – 8:00am to 12:00pm
- DCI Watch Party: Saturday, August 8, 2015 – 4:00pm to 9:30pm/10:00pm: For those who would like to participate, we will be streaming the DCI (Drum Corps International) finals live in the band room so we can watch together. Cost is $5.00 per person and includes pizza and soda for dinner. Band room will open at 4:00pm and we should be done between 9:30pm-10:00pm.
- More Photos From Band Camp: We would like to give a shout out to Laura Davis for sharing several photos she snapped during band camp. Here is a link to our Photos page so you can enjoy them too: https://chstrojanband.com/photos/ We are always excited to have your photos to share with our Trojan Band Community, so if you like to take pictures and would like to share them, you can always email them to us at: email@example.com and we will upload them to our repository so everyone can enjoy them.
- Information Stations: Thank you to everyone who visited the Booster’s Information Stations during family night, this past Friday. We wanted to repost links to all of the associated information, forms, etc., for those who might need them or couldn’t attend on Friday.
- Communication plan info: For more information about our communication plan, visit the previous post from April: Four Ways to Stay Informed
- Charms Tool info: For more information about the Charms tool, please visit the Charms link in our website menu bar, or by clicking here: Charms
- Legacy of Champions info: For more information about Carrollton’s marching band competition Legacy of Champions, visit the competition’s website: legacyofchampions.net
- Volunteer information: For more information about volunteer opportunities and sign-up links, please visit the Volunteer link in our website menu bar, or by clicking here: Volunteer
- Booster Membership and Dues info: For more information about booster membership, dues, and links to forms, please visit the Fees/Dues link in our website menu bar, or by clicking here: Fees/Dues (Booster dues info is near the bottom of the page)
- 2015 Spirit Wear info: We are in the process of collecting orders for our 2015-2016 Defying Gravity show shirts and for other Trojan Band Spirit items. Orders will be taken until Thursday, Aug. 6th, 2015. This will give us the best chance to have a majority or the items ordered back by our first home game. Order forms are available in the band room, and online by clicking here or visiting the Forms area of our website.
- Frequently Asked Questions: If you ever have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support! If you have any specific questions about any of these items, you can contact Mr. Carr at: email@example.com, the Band Office at 770-834-0550 or the Band Boosters at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters