Now that marching season is in full swing, there is plenty to do almost each and every day. Don’t forget to encourage your students as they continue to practice, learn, and fine tune their show. Also, please continue to support them by volunteering your time and talents. Now let’s look at this week’s itinerary and what the month of September holds.
This Friday we have two very special things happening. First the CJHS 8th graders will be joining us at the game for our Annual 8th Grade Night. Secondly, in partnership with one of our new sponsors, we will be having an “After the Game Band Hangout/Fellowship” at American Pie Pizzeria in Carrollton. They will be opening the restaurant after Friday night’s game specifically for the Carrollton Trojan Band from 9:30pm until 11:30pm. All Trojan Band students and supporters are invited to come and celebrate, unwind, and enjoy some great food and fun. Students will need to bring money if they plan to eat, $10.00 should be plenty, and make arrangements for transportation to the restaurant and then home. Please make sure they are picked-up promptly at or before 11:30pm. This activity is completely optional but we hope everyone will participate as it only serves to strengthen the friendships and camaraderie that makes being a part of the Trojan Band special. Additionally, if support is strong enough, American Pie will extend the invitation to us for additional home games.
Happening this week
- Moe’s Band Spirit Night – Tuesday, 9/1/2015, 5:oopm – 8:00pm • Moe’s Southwestern Grill , Carrollton
- Student Prop Painting (optional) – Wednesday, 9/2/2015, 4:00pm – 6:00pm: Local artist, Alan Kuykendall, will be at the band room Wednesday evening to guide the students in painting portions of the prop for our half time show and band competition. Students who can and want to participate should bring a change of clothes appropriate for painting.
- Competition Committee Meeting – Thursday, 9/3/2015, 6:00pm – 7:30pm • CHS Band Room: This is our regularly scheduled Competition Committee Meeting but as always, is open to all interested band boosters who wish to attend.
- 8th Grade Night – Friday, 9/4/2015 • CHS Varsity Football Game at Grisham Stadium against Calhoun
- After the Game Band Hangout/Fellowship – Friday, 9/4/2015, 9:30pm — 11:30pm • American Pie Pizzeria Carrollton • Optional; money and transportation needed.
This Friday’s Itinerary
Carrollton vs Calhoun @ Grisham Stadium, Carrollton – Friday, September 4, 2015 • (8th grade night)
- 5:00pm – Dinner with and welcoming our 8th graders (Pizza provided by the Band Boosters)
- 6:00pm – Students report to CHS Band Room in uniform
- 6:30pm – Report to practice field
- 7:00pm – Pre-game
- 7:30pm – Kick-off
- 9:30pm* – Students not going to American Pie pick-up at CHS Band Room (approx. time, watch Facebook, Twitter & text messages for any updates)
- 9:30pm – 11:30pm – After the Game Band Hangout/Fellowship at American Pie Pizzeria, Carrollton • Optional; money and transportation needed.
Upcoming September Dates & Events
- 9/1 – Moe’s Band Spirit Night – 5:00pm – 8:00pm • Moe’s Southwestern Grill , Carrollton
- 9/2 – Student Prop Painting – 4:00pm – 6:00pm • CHS Band Room
- 9/3 – Competition Committee meeting – 6:00pm – 7:30pm • CHS Band Room
- 9/4 – Home Game against Calhoun; als0 8th Grade Night & After the Game Band Hangout/Fellowship at American Pie
- 9/7 – Labor Day – No School & No Practice
- 9/11 – Open Week – No Game
- 9/11 – Legacy of Champions Competition practice run – 6:00pm until…
- 9/17 – Competition Committee meeting – 6:00pm – 7:30pm • CHS Band Room
- 9/17 – All-In-One Fundraiser Packet pick-up – 9:00pm • CHS Band Room
- 9/18 – Away Game against North Hall
- 9/19 – Saturday full band practice – 1:00pm – 9:00pm
- 9/22 – Carrol County Exhibition – Starts at 5:00pm
- 9/24 – Competition Committee meeting – 6:00pm – 7:30pm • CHS Band Room
- 9/25 – Home Game against Bannekar
While normal practices are not listed here, they are still scheduled. Please refer to the band calendar for further clarification or further details. Itineraries will be posted as each event approaches. Prop work days and practices will be announced on a week to week basis.
- October 10 – Legacy of Champions at Carrollton High School (All parents and students needed as staff this day)
- October 17 – McEachern High School Marching Invitational
- October 24 – Lafayette Marching Classic at Fayette County HS (Prelims/Finals competition)
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters