Arriving in Miami this morning and finally have some connection to the world. It has been a wonderful and much needed trip with my beautiful wife, thank you to everyone who kept our band going in my absence. I hope you enjoy this picture taken this morning while pulling into Miami 🙂
I just wanted to send a quick reminder about tomorrow’s parade. I look forward to seeing students with large instruments to help load the trailer at 8:00am at the band room and everyone else at 9:00am at the bank in the morning! Please review previous posts for more details about the parade. It’ll be a wonderful day!
See you tomorrow!
Do you ever order from Amazon? If you do, you can order the same items on AmazonSmile for the same amount and a percentage of the purchase will be donated to the Carrollton Trojan Band Boosters.
The AmazonSmile program is a give-back program where the online retailer, Amazon, donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the Carrollton Trojan Band Boosters to support our normal operations and efforts in supporting our band. This really is a effortless way to support our band without it costing you anything extra. If you normally shop online with Amazon, you simply designate the Carrollton High School Band Boosters Club Inc. as the charitable organization that you’d like to support and that’s it… Your account will automatically be linked and then whenever you make your normal eligible purchases the band will benefit. It can’t get much easier than that to help!
To link your account, follow this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/58-1572206 and sign in to your Amazon account. That’s all there is to it! Share this link with your family, friends, and co-workers too so they can support us as well. If you want to take your support to the next level, share this opportunity with your Facebook Friends by simply clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http://smile.amazon.com/ch/58-1572206 or on share on your Twitter feed by clicking here: http://bit.ly/1mt64cX
After linking your account, whenever your shopping on Amazon, make sure your shopping at smile.amazon.com and then look for the AmazonSmile logo in the upper left-hand corner of your browser window. That’s your assurance that your purchases will benefit our program! NOTE: AmazonSmile does not work with the Amazon App for mobile devices. If you commonly shop from your smartphone or mobile device you will want to place the items you want in your shopping cart via the app but then complete your checkout in a traditional web browser on your desktop, laptop, smartphone, or mobile device in order for the AmazonSmile donation to be made.
There is no time limit on this program so we encourage you to continue to take advantage of this opportunity year-round, especially at Christmas time 🙂
If you have any specific questions you can contact the Band Boosters at: email@example.com.
Good morning everyone,
As I’m sure you are aware of by now, today’s People’s Parade has been postponed until next Saturday, July 11th, 2015 for the same time, route etc.
We will participate in the parade next weekend. We will be following the same itinerary that we had set up for this week, which is reposted below for your convenience. We realize that due to summer plans some students will be out of town next weekend and still others were not here this week for parade practice, but we encourage all band students who will be in town next weekend to plan on participating in the parade, even if you were not able to attend a practice session this week.
Thank you everyone for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you next weekend.
Rescheduled Parade Itinerary • Saturday, July 11th, 2015
We will report to the Community and Southern Bank (201 Maple St • Carrollton, GA 30117) at 9:00AM, please arrive early. The parade steps off at 10:00AM and we should be finished by 10:30AM-11:00AM. Please have your ride pick you up from the K-Mart parking lot, at the end of the parade route. The trailer will return to the band room immediately following the parade. Please help us unload the trailer after the parade.
Due to inclement weather, today’s parade has been postponed until next Saturday, July 11th, 2015. Details regarding our participation next Saturday will be forthcoming.
Everyone have a happy and safe holiday weekend. Happy 4th of July!
Wow, where did the summer go? Today is an exciting day! We are looking forward to making some of the first sounds of the season today! Just wanted to post a few quick reminders:
- Drink a large glass of water. Hopefully you never stopped drinking plenty of water, but just in case go ahead and have another glass now. This will help you during today’s practice.
- Practice begins promptly at 3:00pm – Remember that being “On-Time” means to be early. If you arrive at 3:00pm, you’re late.
- You will need to dress appropriately to go outside. We will have rehearsal even if it is raining outside. We have plenty of music to learn for Saturday’s performance. It’s going to be a great one!
- We have rehearsal again on Friday from 3:00pm – 6:00pm.
- We will load instruments after rehearsal on Friday into the small trailer. If your instrument is on the truck, plan on returning to the band room after the parade to help unload the trailer.
- Saturday we will report to the Community and Southern Bank (201 Maple St • Carrollton, GA 30117) at 9:00AM, please arrive early. The parade steps off at 10:00AM and we should be finished by 10:30AM-11:00AM. Please have your ride pick you up from the K-Mart parking lot, at the end of the parade route. The trailer will return to the band room immediately following the parade. Please help us unload the trailer after the parade.
- Saturday is a full day of festivities on our campus. That evening the Carroll Symphony Orchestra will be performing on the Elementary School lawn accompanied by a tremendous finale featuring a breathtaking firework display!
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER : ) Band camp is only a few weeks away. The fun continues soon!