We are looking forward to a great turn-in night this Thursday, April 23rd, 2015, from 5:00pm – 6:30pm at the CHS band room, but we wanted to challenge everyone to continue selling as much as possible this week before the turn-in night. We want to surpass last year’s sales and the only way to do that is sell, sell, sell. If you need more tickets, please see Ms. Dothard for extras.
If anyone needs to purchase tickets and has not been approached by a band representative, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, do not forget to volunteer to help on BBQ pick-up day, May 7th, 2015. We will need lots of help! Sign up here to volunteer
We look forward to seeing everyone out on May 7th!
We had a great turn out at last night’s Spring Band Booster meeting, but for those that were not able to attend and as a reminder to all, here are the highlights and “need-to-know” information provided at the meeting.
- Our president Joe Driver welcomed everyone, especially our rising 9th graders. He then introduced the Band Booster Officer, which you can find listed here. Joe then talked about the duties and benefits of being a band booster and how to pay your Band Booster Membership dues. More information about duties, benefits, dues and the Booster Membership Form can be found here and here.
- Vice President Michael Post then introduced our incoming students and parents to the High School Band Program’s communication plan, which include our website, and social media feeds. For more information about any of this please email Michael at email@example.com
- Director’s News & Announcements
- Chris Carr, Director of CHS Bands then introduced/reintroduced everyone to Charms, the information system that the band uses to keep track of student records. More information about Charms can be found here. Next Chris covered the 2015-2016 Handbook and discussed parent and student responsibilities and forms due by May 18th, 2015. To view a copy of the 2015-16 Handbook and access the forms that are required, please visit here.
- General Business
- Nominating Committee Recommendations: This year we needed to elect a new Treasurer and Secretary due to the two-year term end of our current ones. The Nominating Committee Chair, Ben Gordon, announced the nomination of Meredith Harris as Treasurer and Tracy Wiggins as Secretary. The nominations were accepted and passed by affirmative vote.
- By-Laws Amendment: The general membership received and passed a minor by-law amendment making ratified amendments effective immediately, where they had been delayed until the beginning of the following fiscal year.
- Band BBQ Updates
- Joe Driver updated everyone on the progress of the quickly approaching BBQ and the need to sell tickets and volunteer to help the day of the event. To find out more about the fundraiser and how to sell or buy tickets, please visit here. To volunteer for the event please visit here.
- Marching Band Competition
- Michael updated everyone on the “what, where, when, why and who” regarding the launching of Carrollton’s annual marching band competition, the Legacy of Champions. For more information about the competition, please visit legacyofchampions.net
- To volunteer for this event, visit here.
- Big Annoumcent
- We closed the evening with the major announcement by Mr. Carr as he revealed the ‘real’ 2015 marching show. For more on that announcement and to see the announcement video, visit here.
We feel that it was a great meeting and a great start to the exciting year ahead. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to assist this great program and spend time with these great group of students. We look forward to seeing you all over the coming weeks and months. As always, if you have any questions, contact the band room at: 770-834-0550 or email the boosters at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHS Band Boosters
At tonight’s Band Booster meeting we welcomed our incoming ninth graders and talked about the exciting year ahead. But the highlight of the evening had to be when our Band Director, Chris Carr, announced the “REAL” 2015 show. This fall the Trojan Marching Band will bring music from the Broadway blockbuster “Wicked” to life in a show called “”Defying Gravity“.
Please take a moment to watch our teaser video that was played tonight and caused those in attendance to erupt into cheers and applause. We hope to see you in the stands as we take the field and defy gravity!
The RSVP forms have been handed out to the students and we have posted it here for your convenience. Please fill out and return to Ms. Dothard by Friday, April 17.
Thank you so much!!
I hope that everyone has had a wonderful Spring Break! I had a very good week with family and new adventures, if your week was anything like mine then you’ll have mixed feelings about returning to school tomorrow. I am excited because we have a lot to do before summer!
Here is a the week at a glance:
- Monday: WE percussion 3:00pm – 6:00pm and Leadership from 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Tuesday: SB percussion 3:00pm – 6:00pm and Leadership from 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Moe’s Spirit Night 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesday: WE percussion from 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- Thursday: BAND AUDITIONS – after school and WE percussion from 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- Booster Meeting at 6:30pm including upcoming 8th Graders
- Friday: SB Percussion from 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Quick thank you to all who have been actively selling band barbecue tickets! Ms. Dothard still has some packets: if your child has not brought his packet home, please remind him to pick it up. We are going to have a band showcase on the day of the barbecue so your ticket will be good for the meal and for the performance. It will be a great day of performances and wonderful food that you and the rest of the community will not want to miss. Please spread the word and sell your tickets.